Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys I would appreciate honest judgement and critical advice if you have any.
    GCSE's:
    6A* 3A

A Levels:
    Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics to at least AS, I believe that I will achieve 4As as I won't accept anything else.

Extracurricular:
    Next week I have a three day course , 1 day shadowing a doctor and 2 days focusing on why medicine.

2 half days, (1 day in total) shadowing a GP, this was an absolute pain in the rear to get, tried every GP surgery and eventually had to resort to asking a friend for his uncle's contact number.

I am also due to start volunteering at my local hospital ward which I look forward to.

I also am a member of my local youth council in which we work with children from all the local secondary schools to tackle problems in the local area, this year we focused on alcohol/drug abuse and mental health. We done a 1 day conference for each issue in which we informed the students and gauged their feelings on these issues.

I am also doing a basic course in Chinese, however I have missed several weeks due to hospital appointments and being on work placement, however what I have done so far has been enjoyable and I certainly hope to continue it over the summer.

I would be really grateful of any advice
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I would say yes.

Other things you could try would be volunteering for the Red Cross and going to a summer school if there are any relevant ones.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.