Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have worked at peacocks two years and it was my first job I had a Christmas temp contract at Tesco who gave me better hours and wage, they have now offered me a permanent post so I am leaving peacocks not sure what to do any advice?
    • TSR Support Team

Usually you have to give a month's notice in writing.

ReputationRep:
    For giving them notice in writing what should I write

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Corbynista)
    Peacocks will have to give you a P45 but pretty much just tell them that you can no longer work for them and would like to be released. Simple as that, they can't force you to work for them anyway although they may have a release policy where you need to work up until a certain date.
    I have two shifts left in the next two weeks then I would be off on holiday for a month and they already knew I was working at Tesco temporary

ReputationRep:
    What does your contract say about notice period? That will be the length of time you need to tell them and then remain working for.

You need to give notice in writing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aft207)
    I have worked at peacocks two years and it was my first job I had a Christmas temp contract at Tesco who gave me better hours and wage, they have now offered me a permanent post so I am leaving peacocks not sure what to do any advice?
    You'd need to give them your notice in writing. Also you'd need to check your contract to see how long you'd need to work your notice for, so it could be a month

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aft207)
    You need to give your notice in writing- so just write a letter saying you are leaving, giving x amount of notice and your last day will be x date.
    Check your contract to see how much notice you need to give, it could be a week, 2 weeks or a month.

ReputationRep:
    As others have said, it doesn't need to be an essay, simply;

To whom is may concern,

I will no longer be able to work here due to finding a new position elsewhere, I can work the required notice up to <insert date>.

Regards,

A. Person

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the help that's me been In and handed them my notice turns out it was only one week

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.