Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I am in my second semester of my first year, I started the year really well making some really good friends that I got really close with the first two months of uni. All my friends and I decided to join the same society together and went to all the socials together as well as other activities, I went the gym with them, went clubbing, made dinner with them and just generally hanged out with them all the time, I even live with one of them so we always hang out in out flat.

We started to look for housing for next year and thought it would be great to live all six of us together as we all got on so well, about three weeks till the end of the semester four of them turned around to myself and another friend and said they decided they didn't wish to live with us anymore next year, and from there it has gone down hill.

They stopped inviting me to go clubbing and to socials with them and would even go as far as hosting pres in our flat and making it clear I wasn't invited, started going to the gym at different times so we wouldn't both be there and made new group chats without me. To make things a little worse I only made a small select group of friends on my course because I had made such "good" friends outside of my course so I feel so lonely at uni and am not able to just jump on a train and go home as I live not on the main land.

Would really appreciate some opinions as am considering leaving uni altogether at this moment in time ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am in my second semester of my first year, I started the year really well making some really good friends that I got really close with the first two months of uni. All my friends and I decided to join the same society together and went to all the socials together as well as other activities, I went the gym with them, went clubbing, made dinner with them and just generally hanged out with them all the time, I even live with one of them so we always hang out in out flat.

We started to look for housing for next year and thought it would be great to live all six of us together as we all got on so well, about three weeks till the end of the semester four of them turned around to myself and another friend and said they decided they didn't wish to live with us anymore next year, and from there it has gone down hill.

They stopped inviting me to go clubbing and to socials with them and would even go as far as hosting pres in our flat and making it clear I wasn't invited, started going to the gym at different times so we wouldn't both be there and made new group chats without me. To make things a little worse I only made a small select group of friends on my course because I had made such "good" friends outside of my course so I feel so lonely at uni and am not able to just jump on a train and go home as I live not on the main land.

Would really appreciate some opinions as am considering leaving uni altogether at this moment in time ...
    Awww that's sad to hear, maybe try speaking to them and asking if you have upset them unknowingly. The first friends you make at uni aren't your only friends, so be open to meeting new friends. Hang out with other people from your course. Uni is the best time to make friends I've made so many but I don't limit myself and say these are the only close ones I talk and hang out with pretty much anyone on my course who's free and I get on with. Don't leave uni because of them... they probably won't even care and it'll probably not help you feel any better by just walking away. Go clubbing and stuff with other people they're not the only ones who can invite you! Hope this helped x

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.