Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you get over your ex having a new woman? Watch

Announcements

Since he was my first love, I don't know how you are meant to get over this. The closest feeling I've had before is when guys I've had 'crushes' on have dated other girls, but this feels different beczuse with the guys I'd never dated, there was no history or nostalgia.

I know it was inevitable as me and him had a nasty break up, he absolutely shred my heart to pieces and I didn't react well so we were never gonna get back together and I'd accepted that a long time ago.

But it still stings. I told my friends and intentionally showed them a bad picture of her just so they'd tell me I was prettier (I know I'm not mature but I'm sure most girls have done similar😂) but judging from her other pictures she's just normal looking. Not hot but not ugly. Which makes me feel worse as if she was super hot I'd be able to pull the 'he's only dating her for her looks card!' To make me feel better. But he obviously likes her personality too.

It also stings because he's put this relationship on Facebook, and never put ours on Facebook.

Luckily she doesn't go to our uni (I met him at uni) and since me and him broke up I haven't seen him around at all, so I'll likely never see them.

But for some reason, I'm still hurt. I still have flashbacks to when things were good and I look back to the night I cried all night when things were going well because the thought of him ever having even looked at a girl before me tore me up.

And then I remember that even though my feelings may have faded over time, I clearly really, really liked him and now someone else is having that joy.

And here I am, failing my exams and single Af

ReputationRep:
    Distance yourself completely from this. Great that you won't see him. No f/b stalking what so ever. Put all this angst energy instead in to a new hobby, finding someone to bonk and exams. Difficult but the only way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Since he was my first love, I don't know how you are meant to get over this. The closest feeling I've had before is when guys I've had 'crushes' on have dated other girls, but this feels different beczuse with the guys I'd never dated, there was no history or nostalgia.

I know it was inevitable as me and him had a nasty break up, he absolutely shred my heart to pieces and I didn't react well so we were never gonna get back together and I'd accepted that a long time ago.

But it still stings. I told my friends and intentionally showed them a bad picture of her just so they'd tell me I was prettier (I know I'm not mature but I'm sure most girls have done similar😂) but judging from her other pictures she's just normal looking. Not hot but not ugly. Which makes me feel worse as if she was super hot I'd be able to pull the 'he's only dating her for her looks card!' To make me feel better. But he obviously likes her personality too.

It also stings because he's put this relationship on Facebook, and never put ours on Facebook.

Luckily she doesn't go to our uni (I met him at uni) and since me and him broke up I haven't seen him around at all, so I'll likely never see them.

But for some reason, I'm still hurt. I still have flashbacks to when things were good and I look back to the night I cried all night when things were going well because the thought of him ever having even looked at a girl before me tore me up.

And then I remember that even though my feelings may have faded over time, I clearly really, really liked him and now someone else is having that joy.

And here I am, failing my exams and single Af

Lel my ex did that as well. When we were together I was nagging her to do it but she was adamant that she didn't put relationship statuses on facebook.

kek. The slut.

Go cold turkey and block him out of your life. Make sure he's blocked on everything so you're not tempted to look him up on social media. Need to erase them memories from your brain and get on with life.

It's like a drug addiction. Just need to get rid of it and go cold turkey till it no longer bothers you.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think blocking them on social media will help, you just need to try to get over it yourself and maybe find yourself someone new. Also make sure there's something in your life which you love other than your partner. Most people can get the satisfaction of having a partner simply by having a very active social life. A lot of the time they can enjoy that even more than having a bf/gf. Just try to enjoy your life without depending too much on others.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.