Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello all, I'm just wondering if theres much of a film enthusiast crowd at Sussex as I'm looking to come there to study Philosophy with Cognitive Science this coming September and think that finding societies and shared interests is the most valuable way to get to know and hopefully befriend people.

Is there a campus cinema? If so is there a society which often uses it? And how is it's Filmmaking society- is it fairly active and what sort of things those guys do there? Are there any writers/actors and how would it be possible it to get involved and meet with these people?

(I'm essentially looking for the Starbucks frequenting MacBook worshipping cinephile self-lablleing hipster elitists - like myself)

Sorry for the onslaught of questions I hadn't really found much information online since I assume its quite freelance and internal to Sussex's social crowd but I'd love to know. I'm a big film enthuasist and have become quite interested in creating my own content from screenplays and ideas I have, but more than anything would love the pleasure of meeting like minded people.

Thanks for reading! I hope I get a place at Sussex you all seem lovely!

P.s. I don't go to Starbucks or own a MacBook but I do like Wes Anderson

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.