Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Failing at relationships Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys
    So I'm 16 and i can't speak to guys! I'm just so worried that I'll say something stupid or that they won't actually even like me and be thinking please leave me alone😫and I can't even text guys, I think about starting to text someone then I just have no idea what to say and I'm worried that I'm boring and I'll run out of things to talk about literally straight after 'hey what's up.' I did have a relationship when I was 14 but purely because he talked to me first and started it off and we were quite similar. I just have no confidence to text people first and now I'm in year 11 I feel like boys have just built a stigma up around me and try to avoid me. Honestly! My best friends say I'm gorgeous and one of my friends said she thinks I could be a good model (don't know where she got that one🤔) And stuff like that but I really think they just say it to make me feel better. Especially when one of my best friends just broke up from a 2 year relationship and already has 12 guys messaging her. I also feel like it's quite hard for me to find someone who has common interests as I like what some people would class as weird stuff (Jake Bugg/ Tom Odell/ TØP/ Panic!/ Fall out boy/ Gotham (tv show)/ Dan and Phil <--- just a few) It's just really getting to me and I feel like I'm never gonna have a relationship. I find it really hard to be comfortable around people too, even sometimes around my best friends I just feel awkward and like I don't belong! Argh I don't even know please help

ReputationRep:
    You're very young, and although relationships seem like everything at this point, they're really not. Focus on loving yourself before you worry about the opinions of boys. Relationships people have at your age don't tend to last long anyway, so I'd wait until you're a bit older if you want a proper boyfriend

(Original post by __Jess__)
      Hey guys
      So I'm 16 and i can't speak to guys! I'm just so worried that I'll say something stupid or that they won't actually even like me and be thinking please leave me alone😫 I'm like 5"2, dark blonde hair, blue eyes, freckles and pretty thin(I also look a lot younger than I actually am. Yay not) and I can't even text guys, I think about starting to text someone then I just have no idea what to say and I'm worried that I'm boring and I'll run out of things to talk about literally straight after 'hey what's up.' I also get worried that they won't like me because I have literally no boobs or bum. Honestly, I hate it. I did have a relationship when I was 14 but purely because he talked to me first and started it off and we were quite similar. I just have no confidence to text people first and now I'm in year 11 I feel like boys have just built a stigma up around me and try to avoid me. Honestly! My best friends say I'm gorgeous and one of my friends said she thinks I could be a good model (don't know where she got that one🤔) And stuff like that but I really think they just say it to make me feel better. Especially when one of my best friends just broke up from a 2 year relationship and already has 12 guys messaging her. I also feel like it's quite hard for me to find someone who has common interests as I like what some people would class as weird stuff ( like fall out boy/ panic! / TØP / Gotham (tv show) / adventure time/ oasis/ the jam/ Jake bugg/ Tom Odell/ pewdiepie/ Dan and Phil<-- just a few) but I don't know. It's just really getting to me and I feel like I'm never gonna have a relationship. I find it really hard to be comfortable around people too, even sometimes around my best friends I just feel awkward and like I don't belong! Argh I don't even know please help😩
      You're sixteen. Chill ya beanz.

As far as talking to boys is concerned, just talk to them like you would anyone else. And remember, it's much easier if you aren't prioritizing meeting someone.
      • Very Important Poster
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      Oh calamity, you can't talk to guys at the age of 16!

I think you need to build up your social skills around people, not just boys. Give dating a break, you're really young and you shouldn't be occupying yourself with self-made problems like this. Enjoy life single for now

ReputationRep:
      Hey guys
      So I'm 16 and i can't speak to guys! I'm just so worried that I'll say something stupid or that they won't actually even like me and be thinking please leave me alone😫 I'm like 5"2, dark blonde hair, blue eyes, freckles and pretty thin(I also look a lot younger than I actually am. Yay not) and I can't even text guys, I think about starting to text someone then I just have no idea what to say and I'm worried that I'm boring and I'll run out of things to talk about literally straight after 'hey what's up.' I also get worried that they won't like me because I have literally no boobs or bum. Honestly, I hate it. I did have a relationship when I was 14 but purely because he talked to me first and started it off and we were quite similar. I just have no confidence to text people first and now I'm in year 11 I feel like boys have just built a stigma up around me and try to avoid me. Honestly! My best friends say I'm gorgeous and one of my friends said she thinks I could be a good model (don't know where she got that one🤔) And stuff like that but I really think they just say it to make me feel better. Especially when one of my best friends just broke up from a 2 year relationship and already has 12 guys messaging her. I also feel like it's quite hard for me to find someone who has common interests as I like what some people would class as weird stuff ( like fall out boy/ panic! / TØP / Gotham (tv show) / adventure time/ oasis/ the jam/ Jake bugg/ Tom Odell/ pewdiepie/ Dan and Phil<-- just a few) but I don't know. It's just really getting to me and I feel like I'm never gonna have a relationship. I find it really hard to be comfortable around people too, even sometimes around my best friends I just feel awkward and like I don't belong! Argh I don't even know please help😩
      Just keep starting conversations with guys until you eventually cna talk to them how you would anyone else.

ReputationRep:
      Don't worry about it.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by CarysJSLewis)
      You're very young, and although relationships seem like everything at this point, they're really not. Focus on loving yourself before you worry about the opinions of boys. Relationships people have at your age don't tend to last long anyway, so I'd wait until you're a bit older if you want a proper boyfriend
      Thank you this is very true

ReputationRep:
      Honestly, what you should be focusing on is really your school life as well as your good friends. I'd recommend you wait to get to about 18-19 and then go ahead and start talking to guys, you'll have a lot more opportunities then.

ReputationRep:
      stop focusing on guys as potential boyfriends and talk to them like any other friend

ReputationRep:
      Hey guys
      So I'm 16 and i can't speak to guys! I'm just so worried that I'll say something stupid or that they won't actually even like me and be thinking please leave me alone😫and I can't even text guys, I think about starting to text someone then I just have no idea what to say and I'm worried that I'm boring and I'll run out of things to talk about literally straight after 'hey what's up.' I did have a relationship when I was 14 but purely because he talked to me first and started it off and we were quite similar. I just have no confidence to text people first and now I'm in year 11 I feel like boys have just built a stigma up around me and try to avoid me. Honestly! My best friends say I'm gorgeous and one of my friends said she thinks I could be a good model (don't know where she got that one🤔) And stuff like that but I really think they just say it to make me feel better. Especially when one of my best friends just broke up from a 2 year relationship and already has 12 guys messaging her. I also feel like it's quite hard for me to find someone who has common interests as I like what some people would class as weird stuff (Jake Bugg/ Tom Odell/ TØP/ Panic!/ Fall out boy/ Gotham (tv show)/ Dan and Phil <--- just a few) It's just really getting to me and I feel like I'm never gonna have a relationship. I find it really hard to be comfortable around people too, even sometimes around my best friends I just feel awkward and like I don't belong! Argh I don't even know please help
      All that "weird stuff" you're interested in is exactly the sort of thing I'm into and there's loads of guys out there who are the same! Quite a cool thing to do to find people with similar interests, is to buy a panic! shirt for example and then if someone comments on it saying they like your shirt etc. then you know they also like it and you also have a great ice breaker to start a conversation! ^_^

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by SackSly)
      All that "weird stuff" you're interested in is exactly the sort of thing I'm into and there's loads of guys out there who are the same! Quite a cool thing to do to find people with similar interests, is to buy a panic! shirt for example and then if someone comments on it saying they like your shirt etc. then you know they also like it and you also have a great ice breaker to start a conversation! ^_^
      Thank you! and i might do that, I already have a tøp shirt, now I just need panic! and fob

ReputationRep:
      I like a guy who is 3 years older than me. I can't tell if he likes me back and he likes to call me MINOR -_-

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by LisaNikita)
      I like a guy who is 3 years older than me. I can't tell if he likes me back and he likes to call me MINOR -_-
      Honestly boys seem really confusing! I don't have much experience though haha, but if he talks to you I'm sure he must like you

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.