The Student Room Group

Does she like me?

There's a girl in my maths class who has a habit of looking at me. I can see it from the corner of my eye but I'm kind of the guy that just does his work and leaves everyone else to do their own thing.

So no I haven't made any attempts at wooing her. We've been in the same maths class for two years and shes sat in the opposite corner of the class the whole time. We rarely talk, the occasional pleasant smile. When I'm at the cafeteria sometimes I feel like shes looking past her friends and at me. We've spoken once or twice before and I just asked her about general university application stuff. I also added her on facebook a little while ago but she's made no attempt to talk to me.

I think she might think I'm mysterious maybe that's what it is? I am a pretty strange guy.. I do my work quietly and its pretty clear I don't really make any attempt to talk to girls at college but at the same time I have quite a few girls posting on my facebook time-line

I'm not the kind of guy to chase a girl tbh.. I only do it when I really really have a crush but I don't have a crush on her, I'm just interested to know if she has a crush on me. It doesn't help that shes a few inches taller than me though...

I mean in terms of signs theres not much to go on but it'd be interesting to hear what you think..
Reply 1
No one on TSR will be able to tell you for sure if she likes you, the only person who can do that is the girl.

You said that you haven't made any attempts to "woo" her. So instead of doing that, you're trying to analyse her behaviour and any "signs" that she may like you.

What you should do is flirt with her, if she reciprocates then that's a good indicator, or even better asking her out for drinks or a meal. It's pointless looking at trivial things like smiling because a lot of people smile, it's just what people do to be friendly!
Original post by Anonymous
There's a girl in my maths class who has a habit of looking at me. I can see it from the corner of my eye but I'm kind of the guy that just does his work and leaves everyone else to do their own thing.

So no I haven't made any attempts at wooing her. We've been in the same maths class for two years and shes sat in the opposite corner of the class the whole time. We rarely talk, the occasional pleasant smile. When I'm at the cafeteria sometimes I feel like shes looking past her friends and at me. We've spoken once or twice before and I just asked her about general university application stuff. I also added her on facebook a little while ago but she's made no attempt to talk to me.

I think she might think I'm mysterious maybe that's what it is? I am a pretty strange guy.. I do my work quietly and its pretty clear I don't really make any attempt to talk to girls at college but at the same time I have quite a few girls posting on my facebook time-line

I'm not the kind of guy to chase a girl tbh.. I only do it when I really really have a crush but I don't have a crush on her, I'm just interested to know if she has a crush on me. It doesn't help that shes a few inches taller than me though...

I mean in terms of signs theres not much to go on but it'd be interesting to hear what you think..

Well, I wouldn't know how she truly feels but if she's sat opposite to you, there is a probability that it just seems like she's looking at you because you're right in front of her.
And if I was in your position, as you mentioned you didn't have a crush on her, I don't really see the point in asking her because either it would end in you embarrassing yourself if it turns out she has no interest whatsoever in you, or she'll get embarrassed when she confesses her feelings towards you but you are not interested or going to pursue her. However, if you are interested in her, I don't see the harm in asking.
But in the end, it's your choice. Do what you feel like doing.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by UWS
No one on TSR will be able to tell you for sure if she likes you, the only person who can do that is the girl.

You said that you haven't made any attempts to "woo" her. So instead of doing that, you're trying to analyse her behaviour and any "signs" that she may like you.

What you should do is flirt with her, if she reciprocates then that's a good indicator, or even better asking her out for drinks or a meal. It's pointless looking at trivial things like smiling because a lot of people smile, it's just what people do to be friendly!

True I guess... its very difficult to find an opportunity to talk to her especially except before the lesson starts and that's only like a minute or two. I don't think I can ask her out in that time its a bit weird considering we don't really talk much but I'll try and flirt with her
use your initiative
Reply 5
No, she's secretly plotting ways to kill you. Why did she choose you, did you ask? She chose you because you are an easy target, always doing your work, keeping you head down. Shows weakness by not being aware of your surroundings, easy pickings.

Hope this helps.
That just made my entire week hahahahahahahah :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by spanker
No, she's secretly plotting ways to kill you. Why did she choose you, did you ask? She chose you because you are an easy target, always doing your work, keeping you head down. Shows weakness by not being aware of your surroundings, easy pickings.

Hope this helps.

Well shi*.... I'm screwed xD

Quick Reply