The Student Room Group

Went off at my ex

So me and my ex recently broken up on Friday after almost 9 month relationship. He broke up with me, I was still willing to fight for this relationship to work. Yesterday I've met him in a club, he was with two of his mates and a girl that I've never seen before. They were getting really close, he put her on his snapchat story and everything. By that point I was REALLY drunk, so I've decided to pour a drink on him twice, slapped him and kissed 6 (!!!) guys only for him to see that. Then we've had a massive argument, making a massive scene and I just feel so so so ****. I feel like I've just ruined everything

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Martyna23
So me and my ex recently broken up on Friday after almost 9 month relationship. He broke up with me, I was still willing to fight for this relationship to work. Yesterday I've met him in a club, he was with two of his mates and a girl that I've never seen before. They were getting really close, he put her on his snapchat story and everything. By that point I was REALLY drunk, so I've decided to pour a drink on him twice, slapped him and kissed 6 (!!!) guys only for him to see that. Then we've had a massive argument, making a massive scene and I just feel so so so ****. I feel like I've just ruined everything
And what? You acted like a child, like millions of other people do all the time. Are you wanting a medal, or something?
What you did was immature and wrong.

And let us not down play that you physically assaulted him. If it had been the other way round the police would have been called.

If there was anything left to ruin (he left you for a reason, chances are there was no chance anyway) then yes you have ruined it. And you only have yourself and actions to blame.

You really need to grow up and take some responsibility. Leave him alone.
Reply 3
You're jealous and have loose morals. im not surprised he left you given that your cheap enough to kiss so many guys to make a point
Omg no! If you were trying to win him back you may have messed everything up. So what if he was with another girl by you acting like that he probably thinks he did exactly the right thing by breaking up. By kissing other guys even if he got close to her which is worse? Him getting close to one girl or you kissing 6. Maybe you should have not gone to that club and tried meeting him somewhere else where things wouldn't have gone so wrong. I mean there's not much you can do now.
Move on. You can't go back now, all you can do is look forward. Block him on all social media. What you did was wrong, yes, but there's no point in telling you that because you already seem to know
Reply 6
Original post by CarysJSLewis
Move on. You can't go back now, all you can do is look forward. Block him on all social media. What you did was wrong, yes, but there's no point in telling you that because you already seem to know

Yeah I know, I just love him and another girl and so much alcohol shaped me in a person I'm not. I've kissed 3 people in my entire life up to last night
Reply 7
Original post by Amina190
Omg no! If you were trying to win him back you may have messed everything up. So what if he was with another girl by you acting like that he probably thinks he did exactly the right thing by breaking up. By kissing other guys even if he got close to her which is worse? Him getting close to one girl or you kissing 6. Maybe you should have not gone to that club and tried meeting him somewhere else where things wouldn't have gone so wrong. I mean there's not much you can do now.

SO you think that there is no way of getting back? We both made so many mistakes but love is still there
Reply 8
OP i feel for you. brekaups can be hard and everyone acts differently after they get hurt. best thing you can do is apologise and (try to) move on

Original post by Tootles
And what? You acted like a child, like millions of other people do all the time. Are you wanting a medal, or something?

thats a bit harsh.
SO you think that there is no way of getting back? We both made so many mistakes but love is still there

I mean you know him more than us, and whether he would be okay with it or not. But personally for me that would mean a no because if he acted like that would I be able to still want to be with him and not bring it up every time we argue? No I don't let go of stuff easily so for me there would be no point but hope you guys can figure something out if you say the love is still there 😊.
Reply 10
Original post by Amina190
I mean you know him more than us, and whether he would be okay with it or not. But personally for me that would mean a no because if he acted like that would I be able to still want to be with him and not bring it up every time we argue? No I don't let go of stuff easily so for me there would be no point but hope you guys can figure something out if you say the love is still there 😊.

Yeah I see what you mean, I just wish I could take back time and what I did yesterday
Your time would be better spent trying to forget about it and move on. Take responsibility for your actions and don't blame the alcohol, apologise to him and move on. This is easier for some than others but impossible if you don't let it happen.
Reply 12
Original post by CamLikesCookies
Your time would be better spent trying to forget about it and move on. Take responsibility for your actions and don't blame the alcohol, apologise to him and move on. This is easier for some than others but impossible if you don't let it happen.

I don't know if I want to move on

Well he clearly has. You're not going to get the guy back, especially after what happened between you two. You have to be an adult now, and realise that if you were meant to be with the guy, you would have been. But you're not

I understand you are upset after he dumped you but after the way you acted last night you got no chance of getting a reunion, you need to stop contacting him and move on, you may not like hearing that but it is the reality, to be honest once it was over it was clear he didn't want another go. You are lucky he hasn't press charges for assault.
Reply 15
Original post by CarysJSLewis
Well he clearly has. You're not going to get the guy back, especially after what happened between you two. You have to be an adult now, and realise that if you were meant to be with the guy, you would have been. But you're not

I guess you're right
Reply 16
Original post by Rock Fan
I understand you are upset after he dumped you but after the way you acted last night you got no chance of getting a reunion, you need to stop contacting him and move on, you may not like hearing that but it is the reality, to be honest once it was over it was clear he didn't want another go. You are lucky he hasn't press charges for assault.

Any advice on how to move on?
Any advice on how to move on?

As I said do not text or talk to him, hang out with friends and live your life, that is what helped me get over an ex.
Do some stuff for yourself, binge on some good food and burn it off in the gym, realise that you don't need someone else to make you laugh and in general appreciate the good things that you have. Good luck. :smile:
Yeah I see what you mean, I just wish I could take back time and what I did yesterday

Yeah well sadly you can't, maybe just take it as a learning experience and do not repeat it in the future. Like atleast in future you know not to do this if u want to get back with someone and just try and move on from him maybe.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending