Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

First day of school... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone remember their first day of school? What happened? I can't! Must be because we moved around a lot when I was young, but I really can't remember my first day of reception...

And on that note, I was thinking, if I ever had kids, I'd be sad to send them to school because they might cry all day and all, but it's for their own good!

ReputationRep:
    I remember my first day of infant school. My mum took me on her bike and when i got off (i was just about to walk in for the very first time) i hit my head on the handlebars of the bike! Ouch!

ReputationRep:
    Aww....

A mate of mine told me his story. He was walking to school and he tripped up, and then he when he was on the floor he said that his mum had hit him! :O

ReputationRep:
    i drew a picture of the hippo/elephant thing from spot the dog.
    and i cried a LOT but thats cos i was only just 4 when i started school. too little!!!

ReputationRep:
    I don't remember my first day at school but I remember a woman coming around for a "home visit". I was busy playing with my Fisher Price Main Street while she talked to my mum and made sure I was a good girl and ready to join the school. I wonder if they still "interview" prospective students?

ReputationRep:
    i cant remember but i probably cried a lot

ReputationRep:
    I remember my first day of school after we first moved. I was about seven years old and really shy so I hated it because everybody there already knew each other and had friends; I felt isolated. I'm quite insecure now, at 19, too, so going to any new place is like the first day of school to me.

ReputationRep:
    Yes unfortunately. Some out of control kid was chucking a plastic dinosaur around and it hit me in the face. I was traumatised. What a great start to 14 years of education :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I can't remeber my first day of school, I only went to that 1 school and I can't remeber my first day. Most of my friends l remember their first day at school but i don't, I wonder why? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I remember my first day of school.
    I took my lunch and I wasn't sure where I would eat it. I thought that we would eat it in the classroom, but a canteen? I had no idea!

ReputationRep:
    First say of school hummm... i remember crying and standing near the black board so no one could see me cry... then my dad pulled me away from it and shoved me into a group of kids... from that day on i knew he was going to be an *******...

ReputationRep:
    Can't remember exactly what happened on my first day of school, but I do remember it was pretty uneventful. No traumas or anything - I went to nursery school with half my reception class so already knew most of them.

ReputationRep:
    My first day at reception and one of my milk teeth fell out... this was a serious thing for me then you understand... i thought i was turning into my grandad!

ReputationRep:

I remember going off into the classroom with my lunchbox. I didn't turn around to say goodbye to my mum because i was so excited to be going to school. Apparently she was really upset because she expect me to be very clingy.

ReputationRep:
    i loved my first day, but then when i saw my mum at the end of thed ay i burst into tears cos i was strangely kinda happy to see her again. i cried the morning before it as well, cos i didn't like my tie lol

ReputationRep:
    Ah yes, the delights of Ampleforth. What a dump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    Ah yes, the delights of Ampleforth. What a dump
    you're back! where did you go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    Foreign climbs for a long time. I've been back for a bit. Going away again soon though for another holiday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    Hey, i've won the Bowring Trophy a few times over there on the Wirral, do you frequent it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spider)
    Can anyone remember their first day of school? What happened? I can't! Must be because we moved around a lot when I was young, but I really can't remember my first day of reception...
    It's a long time since I was a nipper; I remember the admission process and being fitted for the uniform more than the actually first day, which indicates that nothing particularly important happened.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.