Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Repayments-more than one job Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I finished my course in July 2015. I currently have 4 jobs that make up a full time income. I have read somewhere that because none on my employments meet threshold on £17000 I don't have to make any repayments. I am on student finance plan 1. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Francesca1988)
    Hi, I finished my course in July 2015. I currently have 4 jobs that make up a full time income. I have read somewhere that because none on my employments meet threshold on £17000 I don't have to make any repayments. I am on student finance plan 1. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
    Your repayments will be based on your total income (the same as your tax and NI calculations).

It might be that they aren't recoverable via the PAYE system and you'll need to fill in a self assessment return for your taxes - this will also be used to calculate your student loans repayment (so if you're earning over the threshold in total make sure you're putting some money to one side to cover student loan and tax payments).
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi Francesca1988

Please also see the repayments website for information on repaying: http://bit.ly/1kg0AGq

Your individual employer will not take deductions if under the threshold. As PQ said, if you have to do a self -assessed tax return, HMRC may bill you.

Thanks

Submit reply
TSR Support Team
Updated: January 24, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.