Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm looking to study at the university of stirling. I received an unconditional offer a few days and I really like what I've seen of the uni so far; however I read in other threads that apparently the wifi is temperamental and quite naff. Can anyone verify this? I'd be doing computer science so I value this quite a bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LAbyrinth_23)
    Hi, I'm looking to study at the university of stirling. I received an unconditional offer a few days and I really like what I've seen of the uni so far; however I read in other threads that apparently the wifi is temperamental and quite naff. Can anyone verify this? I'd be doing computer science so I value this quite a bit.
    Hey there if ur meaning the accommodations wifi then I'm not sure what that is like but I got the opinion that everything is a very high standard within the actual uni and it is quite modernised in comparison with other universities so I am sure within the uni the wifi is good quality, maybe email them for an idea of what it is like or look at computer science Stirling reviews, this would possibly cost more but u could always get ur own internet to use in ur room and take it to uni with u as well, like maybe a dongle 😊 Stirling looks like and sounds like an amazing uni so hopefully there internet is fine cos it would be shame not to go there just for this reason, hope I was a tiny bit of help!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Conducted a speed test on campus during a campus tour, as my eduroam from college allowed me to connect to the university wifi. After downloading Cisco Device Manager.

It's really good!
    Attached Images

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.