Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How British are you really? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faloodeh)
    Not very British at all apart from my accent
    :ahee:

(Original post by Kravence)
    what if I drive a mclaren or an original mini and eat fish and chips while watching eastenders? :holmes:
    But what brand is your TV? :fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l'etranger)
    Only poor people buy their furniture from IKEA.
    A true Brit doesn't go to an Irish pub, drink Belgian beer, eat kebabs or watch American TV.

I'll let off those who drive German cars and have a Japanese TV.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sternumator)
    A true Brit doesn't go to an Irish pub, drink Belgian beer, eat kebabs or watch American TV.

I'll let off those who drive German cars and have a Japanese TV.
    I'm partial to kebabs but aside from driving German cars and watching Jap TV's, it was all #poorpeoplethings. If you have to drink beer, buy from unaffiliated microbreweries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laeliakiwi)
    But what brand is your TV? :fuhrer:
    No comment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Who the **** goes to an Irish pub? And given beer drinking trends it is more likely you would be drinking an English ale.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not one for ethnic nationalism, but anyone who literally thinks that there is no such thing as Britishness, because we sometimes import goods, is a literal retard who deserves to work minimum wage until he retires alone with no family and has a pauper's funeral which nobody attends before, being rolled up in a dusty old carpet and thrown into the sea.
    Still got no idea what a Brit actually is though. Never been to Scotland, so why am I British not English? Heck, i've never been to Cornwall so why are they also English? Am I supposed to be more like them?

ReputationRep:
    No comment
    Off with your head!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DonaldTrump12)
    Still got no idea what a Brit actually is though. Never been to Scotland, so why am I British not English? Heck, i've never been to Cornwall so why are they also English? Am I supposed to be more like them?
    Cornwall is lovely, shame about the people, but other than that, stop deconstructing things which are not scientific concepts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laeliakiwi)
    Off with your head!

ReputationRep:
    Cornwall is lovely, shame about the people, but other than that, stop deconstructing things which are not scientific concepts.
    But when i've got nationalists screaming left right and centre about how British they feel I have questions.

Why British rather than anything else?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    But when i've got nationalists screaming left right and centre about how British they feel I have questions.

Why British rather than anything else?
    The Bible is written in English and if God is an Englishman then every Englishman is a god and if you don't like it then you're just going to have to lump it :smug:

ReputationRep:
    The Bible is written in English and if God is an Englishman then every Englishman is a god and if you don't like it then you're just going to have to lump it :smug:
    u wot

The bible is Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek so basically Israelis, Syriacs and Greeks are joint Gods.

ReputationRep:
    I comment on the weather at least once per day. Doesn't get more British than that

ReputationRep:
    I don't know how arbitrarily "British" I am, and I don't really care.

ReputationRep:
    say you're not Christian then you're not likely to know hymns
    and therefore you will not know those hymns so you can't check if you really are British

ReputationRep:
    u wot

The bible is Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek so basically Israelis, Syriacs and Greeks are joint Gods.

In all honesty the Bible and the Tanakh are not synonymous so if you're going to be a leftist, at least pretend to understand other people's religions before engaging in self-righteous deconstruction.

ReputationRep:
    I listen to Gilbert & Sullivan, is that enough?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    I comment on the weather at least once per day. Doesn't get more British than that
    Britain:
    It's cold today isn't it? *Conversation continues for 25 minutes with a relay of the weather for the past seven years, bonus points if started by some boring old man, who really you wish it would get colder so he died*

Italy:
    It's cold today isn't it? *Yes*

ReputationRep:

In all honesty the Bible and the Tanakh are not synonymous so if you're going to be a leftist, at least pretend to understand other people's religions before engaging in self-righteous deconstruction.
    :lol: are you parodying the academic left?

True, the Tanakh is distinct from the New Testament but one presumes you're not Jewish

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.