Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Allegri should replace Wenger. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Juventus are playing beautiful football under him. Tactically efficient as hell, they can play a back 3 and 4 system with ease. He loves his 3 man midfields and flying wing backs.

Dybala had not scored under him for a while but has been playing beautifully, scoring absolute worldies now. And Wenger thought he was too expensive at £35m ...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah said this before. Heck I wanted Allegri over Conte at Chelsea if there was the possibility.

ReputationRep:
    The issue is more of whether he'd move from a top five club in the world to a team that isn't in the top ten.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diego Costa)
    The issue is more of whether he'd move from a top five club in the world to a team that isn't in the top ten.
    The buzz of managing a top Premier League club may tempt him just as it did for Guardiola, Conte and Klopp. I'm sure he will be paid more at Arsenal than at Juventus too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    The buzz of managing a top Premier League club may tempt him just as it did for Guardiola, Conte and Klopp. I'm sure he will be paid more at Arsenal than at Juventus too.
    Yeah, I think money could be a point. He earns around £80,000 per week while Wenger earns roughly double that. At present, I don't see any top teams other than Arsenal that would change manager either. Hopefully he does move to the Emirates, he did better than Conte at Juventus so it would be exciting to see what he could do in the PL.

Allegri would do great at Arsenal tbh , i think Wenger is finished now tbh :yep:

ReputationRep:
      Yeah, I think money could be a point. He earns around £80,000 per week while Wenger earns roughly double that. At present, I don't see any top teams other than Arsenal that would change manager either. Hopefully he does move to the Emirates, he did better than Conte at Juventus so it would be exciting to see what he could do in the PL.
      The issue for Arsenal is that it would be a big transition for them like it currently is for CIty. Mourinho essentially laid the groundwork for Conte but Wenger's team will take some more moulding to get to what Allegri wants. Would be an exciting move for Arsenal though.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by samir12)
      The issue for Arsenal is that it would be a big transition for them like it currently is for CIty. Mourinho essentially laid the groundwork for Conte but Wenger's team will take some more moulding to get to what Allegri wants. Would be an exciting move for Arsenal though.
      Conte did lay the groundwork for allegri too.

Tbh unsure if he did better than conte when you consider the evolution of the team from europa league battlers to title winners. Conte had less money to spend on players too and was going cheap or developing youth players like pogba/marchisio/vidal/bonucci/morata who were his signing. Allegri can get ready made players such as khedira/mandzukic/ and buy out the leagues best players such as pjanic/higuain/dybala. Before hand juventus were just the best team in the league, under allegri they're the best team in the league with money.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
      Tbh unsure if he did better than conte when you consider the evolution of the team from europa league battlers to title winners. Conte had less money to spend on players too and was going cheap or developing youth players like pogba/marchisio/vidal/bonucci/morata who were his signing. Allegri can get ready made players such as khedira/mandzukic/ and buy out the leagues best players such as pjanic/higuain/dybala. Before hand juventus were just the best team in the league, under allegri they're the best team in the league with money.
      I agree with what you've said. The reason I believe Allegri is better comes down to the fact that he got to the CL Final and turned them into probably the 4th best team in the world, Conte on the other hand didn't do that well in Europe. They both did well but for me Allegri comes out on top.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
    Updated: January 23, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.