Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    When you originally rang up to ask did they say they definitely wanted the original A2 entry requirements? Or did they not ask for that?
    I'm currently at Nottingham Trent but really wanted to go to Liverpool for business but got BBC so missed out on the clearing grades by a few marks. Do you think they would accept me for year 2 entry if I got a 2:1 or a first in my first year? Also, what did you get in your first year? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Anyone???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turloli)
    Anyone???
    I think that a transfer in second year would definitely be possible if you achieve decent grades by the end of your first year. I would contact the admissions team to get clarification on this as they are the ones that you will need to contact about transferring. I have had friends transfer undergraduate and masters courses to their preferred choice university after one year but they were proactive and had to choose modules that both institutions had in common or developed on in their second year. As the first year in most courses tends to be based around core principals of the subject rather than the in depth deconstruction and study of the subject it's important that you have the set of skills needed to be successful at the alternative institution, although with a broad degree such as business, i think any modules that are compulsory will be able to carry over and be useful if you do transfer.

ReputationRep:
    I want to transfer to Liverpool and they have said that I can if I get a 2:1 this year. I don't think I'll get that though so do you think they'd accept me with a 2:2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by b101en)
    I want to transfer to Liverpool and they have said that I can if I get a 2:1 this year. I don't think I'll get that though so do you think they'd accept me with a 2:2?
    hey did you manage to transfer and also what degree are you doing? x

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=hannahbod11;45328893]I transferred straight into second year at University of Liverpool this year, and I hadn't got the A-level grades- so you can do it.
    You just have to email the head of the subject at UoL and ask if they will take transfers, explain your grades at A Level and say how you are getting on at first year- then you will have to fill out a UCAS form all over again and just put entry level 2 instead of

hey what course did you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahbod11)
    I transferred straight into second year at University of Liverpool this year, and I hadn't got the A-level grades- so you can do it.
    You just have to email the head of the subject at UoL and ask if they will take transfers, explain your grades at A Level and say how you are getting on at first year- then you will have to fill out a UCAS form all over again and just put entry level 2 instead of 1
    hey what course did you do???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by talulahjane)
    hey what course did you do???
    Hi! I plan to transfer uni's because I really hate where I am. Im in first year now. I like the course but dislike everything else. Im able to transfer to second year for the same course but at different uni. My main worry is finding it hard to make friends in the second year course as I assume cliques would have already formed. Was this a problem for you? Haha

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back yet?
    I applied for a transfer from Queen Mary University of London about 5 weeks ago through UCAS and still haven't heard anything

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

University of Liverpool Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Liverpool ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Liverpool applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.