Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm halfway into my AS Business course and even though I've never done business studies before this course, I've been getting Us, Es and Ds at most in my tests/case studies. In my latest assessment, I typed 2 and a bit worth of pages and I ended up with 22/100 (I included MOPS, BLT, definitions at the start of the 8/10 mark questions and I actually thought I would do better at this). In previous tests, I got 46/100 (E) and in the case studies, I got 1 B, 2 Cs, 1 D, 4 Es and 2 Us. Is this subject right for me as I understand the subject and I get the topics, I just find it quite hard as it's a new topic for me. I know I'll get criticism on here for things like "you should have dropped it last year" or "it's your fault for overestimating yourself" or "try harder" so please answer something that might be helpful.

ReputationRep:
    How hard are you working for the subject? AS business I've heard is quite a lot of memorising definitions and remembering how things work which could be improved with revision? If you're enjoying the subject then its probably right for you but you're not trying hard enough. If you dont like the subject then its not right for you, and possibly A levels in general might not be right.

ReputationRep:
    Also, I chose the subject because i want to become a video game manager when I'm older. I find I'm good with numbers (been getting As and Bs in Statistics AS Level) and I'm good at coming up with ideas in a business so I wanted to learn business studies to prepare for this. I actually really like the subject, it's just I find the work is quite hard and everyone in my class apart from me did GCSE Business (back then, I had no idea what I wanted to do so I just chose GCSE options I thought I'd like).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by potassiumnitrate)
    How hard are you working for the subject? AS business I've heard is quite a lot of memorising definitions and remembering how things work which could be improved with revision? If you're enjoying the subject then its probably right for you but you're not trying hard enough. If you dont like the subject then its not right for you, and possibly A levels in general might not be right.
    I find I work hard with the subject. When I've done revision, I've written 2-3 pages per topic to revise/to make sure I remember it. I like the subject because I feel it will help me in life (not just in a job but with the household/everyday life like financing)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanF2000)
    I find I work hard with the subject. When I've done revision, I've written 2-3 pages per topic to revise/to make sure I remember it. I like the subject because I feel it will help me in life (not just in a job but with the household/everyday life like financing)
    "you should have dropped it last year" or "it's your fault for overestimating yourself" or "try harder"

realistically, if you're able to get A's and Bs in statistics then you shouldnt be getting U's or E's in business.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by potassiumnitrate)
    "you should have dropped it last year" or "it's your fault for overestimating yourself" or "try harder"

realistically, if you're able to get A's and Bs in statistics then you shouldnt be getting U's or E's in business.
    I'm great with the topics based on numbers (Break Even, Financing, etc.) but I just find the other topics a bit more difficult to understand (I guess I'm more of a numbers person). If you're interested, have a look at my last assessment which apparently I got 22/100 in.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...xfKB54JIs/edit

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.