Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    wq

ReputationRep:
    The summer retake session is for people who have failed 3 or less of there modules throughout the year, so if you fail more than 3, e.g. all the ones this semester you will have to take the year again.

ReputationRep:
    Dear Thread Starter

I, myself am a law student at the University of Surrey. You can always seek help from our law school and in fact our law society. People will advise you and guide you through it. Do drop me a message if you are still struggling through it; I myself was in a similar position to yours.

Best of luck
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S'nonymous)
    It's not that I don't like the course I'm doing, it's just there's been so much family related things going on, constant arguments and frustration with my parents - which resulted with me not having any time to do any work/revision throughout the xmas holidays. I didn't think all these things would affect me as much as it did, but it unfortunately has and I've realised way too late. Not to mention, I haven't done Law before, so there was a learning curve involved. I don't want to leave the course, but If I need to repeat the year again, I would like to know if it'll affect my future prospects.

But as it's the first semester, I'm not sure if I would be retaking those exams in august, or retake the whole year. However, as I mentioned above, I feel like it'll be all the modules I've done this year that might result me in a fail (maybe an exception to one module, but that would be it).

What I'm basically asking is; What could happen to me in result of all this, and what can I do that can get me to retake it in August instead of retaking the whole year- if possible. Thanks in advance

Extra info (Doing a Law and Criminology course, 1st year student, currently in University of Surrey and I commute).
    Hey S'nonymous,

I would advise speaking to your course tutor asap as they will be able to advise you on what actions you can take. It may also be worth getting in touch with Student Services as they may be able to offer some further advice or put you in touch with other services within the uni that could help with stress management so that you don't face the same problem in the future

All the best,
    Ashley

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.