Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alialice1314)
    Hi Lizzie! I just saw your post and you said you managed to save. I also have been saving and was wondering did u apply for the 4 year vet med fast track? How long ago did you do your previous degree? Mine was Zoogly 4 years ago so am worried I may need to do the 5 years of vet med and fund another year..

Also for the maintenance loan are you aware if it is pretty straight forward to get? I have been living abroad for 4 years and I know one of the conditions is to be in the uk 3 years prior to studying..

Any advice would be great!

Many thanks! Good luck
    Hey,

I didn't unfortunately no, when I applied I thought RVC required grad students to sit the BMAT and it wasn't something I wanted to do at the time, didn't realise you could apply and didn't require BMAT!

Are you planning on applying to 4 vet schools including the RVC accelerated grad course? Otherwise you'll limiting yourself to only being able to apply to one graduate entry programme in the UK when you have 4 universities to apply to, I would definitely advise applying to 4 rather than just one. Have you looked at UVM Kosice as well? They offer a 4 year graduate course at €8000 per year which is cheaper than our £9000 a year here in the U.K.

As far as I'm aware it doesn't matter how long ago you graduated from your previous degree, when I applied I had graduated a year earlier, as long as you've got the 2:1 or above they ask for you should be safe, but if you need to double check pop an email over to admissions for the uni's you're interested in applying to.

With regards to SFE funding you would need to contact them to see if you were eligible for a maintenance loan, I can't say for sure whether you would or not, however if you have family in the UK who have been here then you can always use their address as previous residence? Don't hold me to that though! Give them a ring and they'll be able to help you with that, but otherwise you literally apply to SFE and get a maintenance loan, pretty easy if you do it in advance and you shouldn't have any issues
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alialice1314)
    Hi Lizzie! I just saw your post and you said you managed to save. I also have been saving and was wondering did u apply for the 4 year vet med fast track? How long ago did you do your previous degree? Mine was Zoogly 4 years ago so am worried I may need to do the 5 years of vet med and fund another year..

Also for the maintenance loan are you aware if it is pretty straight forward to get? I have been living abroad for 4 years and I know one of the conditions is to be in the uk 3 years prior to studying..

Any advice would be great!

Many thanks! Good luck
    Hi, hopefully I can help with the finance issue, I applied to SFE last year after living in America for 3 years. The process is straightforward but you must have plenty of evidence to prove the stay was temporary and you had always planned to come back to the U.K. In my case, I sent them prove of bank accounts I had in the U.K. while I was abroad and also copies of my visas and information explaining the type of visas, as prove they were only for a limited time. If you can do this you should have no problem getting finance.

ReputationRep:
    forget edinburgh or glasgow unless you have £30000 a year in tuition fees. my daughter could not believe that price when she saw it and checked with them both. eastern europe is the only economic option. malta also is possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paulbarlow)
    forget edinburgh or glasgow unless you have £30000 a year in tuition fees. my daughter could not believe that price when she saw it and checked with them both. eastern europe is the only economic option. malta also is possible.
    Thats why I didn't mention those, it's hideous how much they charge 🙈 it makes it virtually impossible for a graduate student to go to those universities unless you're a millionaire, bit unfair really I think! Nevermind, they lose a lot of good graduate students as a result that the other universities gain!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 23, 2017
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.