Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So I'm in my first year of college studying four AS levels, and college has marked a huge change for me as a person and my life. School was pretty depressing for me, didn't have participated many friends, I lacked self confidence and had very bad social skills. This mean I rarely went out on the weekend, never got invited to parties and I didn't even go to prom. I completely lacked motivation and didn't really put the work in my GCSEs. Regardless I did great in my exams and came out with 10 GCSEs. I was always a friendly guy and was often seen as funny, but my lacking confidence and social skills meant I gave the impression I didn't really want much to do with others who I weren't already close with. In this respect I was sort of seen as the cool kid of the uncool kids or the 'inbetweener'.

I was an aloof guy who people liked, but I wasn't putting myself out there to really make friends, and more specifically make any close female friends. Meaning during school I never had a girlfriend, never kissed and girl and had never had sex. I felt really left out when so many people my age had had multiple relationships and seemed to pick up a new girlfriend like it was nothing, and I'm there struggling to even make friends with girls.

I saw college as this new opportunity to start a new me, make lots of new friends, and hopefully find out what it really feels like to have a girl, have someone to care about. Somehow, it happened. I started going to the gym, got a job and began dressing my best, tried my best to act confident and just be myself and be proud of who I am. Before I knew it I had a new group of pretty close friends, as well as my circle of close mates from school. I was really happy, i was now 'cool'. I went to parties, went out alot with friends and i was really happy. Being a 'cool' kid simply made me realise even more how much I wanted a girl, how much I wanted somebody to care for, and to care for me. Somebody to be close with. I didn't feel like I fitted in, many of my new friends currently has a girlfriend and had many others before, had multiple sexual encounters and just seemed so confident and seemed to go from girl to girl like it was nothing. Anyway I wasn't like this, I wanted a girl for some period of time, not just for a quick session in bed, but surely I needed to learn how to even get a girl first. I began excepting rejection and just put myself out there. I met a girl through two of my close friends who we began going out with on weekends, from the first time I saw her I knew i fancied her, had no idea she liked me back however. Anyway I built up the courage to begin texting her and began telling her how I felt. I have now known her for around 4 months, and we were 'speaking' and seeing each other for around 1-2 months. Finally the other day we came to the agreement that we were official. So I now have my first proper relationship with a girl who I really care about, we see each other out of college once or twice a week. Simply put my question is I need advice on making moves. Being she is my first girlfriend and she is much more experienced than me, my inner lack of self confidencd is showing again. I always wait for her to make moves, and i know she wants me to. We have made out everytime we go round to each others houses, and had a minute 'sexual' encounter, I've seen her breasts and made them a subject during a missing session, and she's sort of teased me, touching through underwear and the likes but all of these things have been initiated by her and I don't think that's good for me. In other words the sexual tension is really high and I need advice on how to make the move. I'm just worried I won't be good enough even though feel Im ready.

So I have a few questions basically-

1) Alot of reading shows that the average age to lose your virginity is 16/17, and this seems true based on how many people my age have lost theirs. What I don't understand is how do so many people that age manage to have sex when they live in a house with parents and families? As is our kissing sessions tend to be wary based on a worry of somebody walking in.

2) Regarding hygiene, how do guys ensure their penis is clean and doesn't have a smell? I also worry about potential getting sexual after using the toilet for example

3) I have a tight frenulum meaning the foreskin sort of bunched up when retracted, is this still ok to use a condom while the foreskin is retracted?

4) i have a huge issue with precum when around her, is there a way to fix this?

5) how do I go about making the move with her ?

6) now I have a girlfriend what do i do next? How do I ensure it is a good relationship and everything goes well?

Sorry for this extremely long post, but I needed to get this off my head and I appreciate any reassurance and advice.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I'm in my first year of college studying four AS levels, and college has marked a huge change for me as a person and my life. School was pretty depressing for me, didn't have participated many friends, I lacked self confidence and had very bad social skills. This mean I rarely went out on the weekend, never got invited to parties and I didn't even go to prom. I completely lacked motivation and didn't really put the work in my GCSEs. Regardless I did great in my exams and came out with 10 GCSEs. I was always a friendly guy and was often seen as funny, but my lacking confidence and social skills meant I gave the impression I didn't really want much to do with others who I weren't already close with. In this respect I was sort of seen as the cool kid of the uncool kids or the 'inbetweener'.

I was an aloof guy who people liked, but I wasn't putting myself out there to really make friends, and more specifically make any close female friends. Meaning during school I never had a girlfriend, never kissed and girl and had never had sex. I felt really left out when so many people my age had had multiple relationships and seemed to pick up a new girlfriend like it was nothing, and I'm there struggling to even make friends with girls.

I saw college as this new opportunity to start a new me, make lots of new friends, and hopefully find out what it really feels like to have a girl, have someone to care about. Somehow, it happened. I started going to the gym, got a job and began dressing my best, tried my best to act confident and just be myself and be proud of who I am. Before I knew it I had a new group of pretty close friends, as well as my circle of close mates from school. I was really happy, i was now 'cool'. I went to parties, went out alot with friends and i was really happy. Being a 'cool' kid simply made me realise even more how much I wanted a girl, how much I wanted somebody to care for, and to care for me. Somebody to be close with. I didn't feel like I fitted in, many of my new friends currently has a girlfriend and had many others before, had multiple sexual encounters and just seemed so confident and seemed to go from girl to girl like it was nothing. Anyway I wasn't like this, I wanted a girl for some period of time, not just for a quick session in bed, but surely I needed to learn how to even get a girl first. I began excepting rejection and just put myself out there. I met a girl through two of my close friends who we began going out with on weekends, from the first time I saw her I knew i fancied her, had no idea she liked me back however. Anyway I built up the courage to begin texting her and began telling her how I felt. I have now known her for around 4 months, and we were 'speaking' and seeing each other for around 1-2 months. Finally the other day we came to the agreement that we were official. So I now have my first proper relationship with a girl who I really care about, we see each other out of college once or twice a week. Simply put my question is I need advice on making moves. Being she is my first girlfriend and she is much more experienced than me, my inner lack of self confidencd is showing again. I always wait for her to make moves, and i know she wants me to. We have made out everytime we go round to each others houses, and had a minute 'sexual' encounter, I've seen her breasts and made them a subject during a missing session, and she's sort of teased me, touching through underwear and the likes but all of these things have been initiated by her and I don't think that's good for me. In other words the sexual tension is really high and I need advice on how to make the move. I'm just worried I won't be good enough even though feel Im ready.

So I have a few questions basically-

1) Alot of reading shows that the average age to lose your virginity is 16/17, and this seems true based on how many people my age have lost theirs. What I don't understand is how do so many people that age manage to have sex when they live in a house with parents and families? As is our kissing sessions tend to be wary based on a worry of somebody walking in.

2) Regarding hygiene, how do guys ensure their penis is clean and doesn't have a smell? I also worry about potential getting sexual after using the toilet for example

3) I have a tight frenulum meaning the foreskin sort of bunched up when retracted, is this still ok to use a condom while the foreskin is retracted?

4) i have a huge issue with precum when around her, is there a way to fix this?

5) how do I go about making the move with her ?

6) now I have a girlfriend what do i do next? How do I ensure it is a good relationship and everything goes well?

Sorry for this extremely long post, but I needed to get this off my head and I appreciate any reassurance and advice.
    I think different people are comfortable with different levels of sexual things when a parent is home, most parents of teenagers would know to knock on a door. Good relationships are about communication so talk to her about how you're feeling.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.