Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Question for guys regarding short skirts. Watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    If a female is walking down the street wearing a short skirt (i.e the skirt comes down to half way between her knees and her bum) with tights, do you look at her in a sexual way?
    When I wear my skater skirt and am walking somewhere, I often have men slowing down their cars when they get near me and they stare at my legs, which makes me feel uneasy. Then, as they drive away, they turn their heads around and continue looking at me.

ReputationRep:
    If it's out there to be looked at, I will probably look at it (as will most guys).

Also, why do you wear a skirt for skating?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeCroissant)
    If a female is walking down the street wearing a short skirt (i.e the skirt comes down to half way between her knees and her bum) with tights, do you look at her in a sexual way?
    When I wear my skater skirt and am walking somewhere, I often have men slowing down their cars when they get near me and they stare at my legs, which makes me feel uneasy. Then, as they drive away, they turn their heads around and continue looking at me.
    Either they're looking at you sexually or wondering how mad you have to be to wear that in the winter.

Solution: don't wear that and you won't get stares

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I wish I didn't but it happens almost automatically. When I become conscious of it, I cut it out. But it is difficult to resist sometimes .

ReputationRep:

depends how seethrough your tights are

If I can see your legs through them, then at that length of skirt ..you would most likely catch my attention..

ReputationRep:
    Yeah like 90% of the time unless you're really old and have awful legs.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h3rmit)
    Also, why do you wear a skirt for skating?
    I don't, it's just the name of the skirt :laugh:.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Not in a sexual way, not at all :innocent:

ReputationRep:
    I don't, it's just the name of the skirt :laugh:.
    Ohhhh

Spoiler:
    Show
    poser

ReputationRep:
    Is this in response as to what was said onn BBC or Sky news (I can't remember which one)
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I love wearing skater skirts and cute tights :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    Well yeh obv, she could be covered head to toe but if shes attractive she'll be looked at sexually lmao.

ReputationRep:
    ... am walking somewhere, I often have men slowing down their cars when they get near me and they stare at my legs, which makes me feel uneasy. Then, as they drive away, they turn their heads around and continue looking at me.
    Really...? You're actually stopping traffic...?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmy15)
    Is this in response as to what was said onn BBC or Sky news (I can't remember which one)
    No, just from personal experience haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    ive actually experienced this happening to female friends in italy. Men will literally stop their cars in the middle of the road to peer out and stare.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    I love wearing skater skirts and cute tights :daydreaming:
    YES, it's such a cute outfit!!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    Not stopping it, just slowing it down

To be fair, I haven't experienced this when walking down a busy road before. It tends to happen on quieter roads where drivers have to drive slower and there's less traffic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    ive actually experienced this happening to female friends in italy. Men will literally stop their cars in the middle of the road to peer out and stare.
    Yep, stop and have a good old perv. Like it's totally acceptable behaviour, which it sort of is there!

Nope , definitely not in a sexual way :facepalm:
      • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Lychee627)
      Nope , definitely not in a sexual way :facepalm:
      So you'd see pretty much ANY female in a sexual way if she was wearing this outfit?
      Even those who you wouldn't normally find attractive? I.e. if you're usually into sporty girls but then there's a nerdy girl wearing a short skirt and tights, would you see her differently?

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 25, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.