Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Question for guys regarding short skirts. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeCroissant)
    If a female is walking down the street wearing a short skirt (i.e the skirt comes down to half way between her knees and her bum) with tights, do you look at her in a sexual way?
    When I wear my skater skirt and am walking somewhere, I often have men slowing down their cars when they get near me and they stare at my legs, which makes me feel uneasy. Then, as they drive away, they turn their heads around and continue looking at me.
    Reminds me of the time I was wearing shorts and a crop top and an Asian guy asked me for sex and said that he would pay me...cut a long story short, I'm now £150 richer.

Jk but that's disgusting. Just because I'm wearing shorts that means I'm a prostitute??

ReputationRep:
    So you'd see pretty much ANY female in a sexual way if she was wearing this outfit?
    Even those who you wouldn't normally find attractive? I.e. if you're usually into sporty girls but then there's a nerdy girl wearing a short skirt and tights, would you see her differently?
    My answer would have to be no, if I didn't find you attractive I wouldn't glint an eyeball, if I did find you attractive I'd take a quick glance, but not in a completely sexual manner, and it wouldn't make a difference what you were wearing, if you were in jeans or a skirt. (if that made any sense)

However I will say with a short skirt people will tend to think more sexually towards you, why do you think people wear short dresses and skirts out clubbing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sofia00)
    you go up to random women in the streets and ask them out on a regular basis??!

i can't speak for everyone but i wear skirts and if a random boy approached me i'd probably feel a bit weird about it (depends on their behaviour and the situation... but generally when i'm going to the shops i'm not looking to speak to anyone and what i wear does not change that)

yeah, a couple of years back I did it frequently.

I'd complement them and then proceed to try chatting them up. The girls who were dressed provocatively would usually flirt back

The girls who were dressed modestly were much more likely to just quickly say "thanks ...BYE, I'm actually in a rush/late for work/I have a boyfriend ..etc" and try and leave.

In the end I stopped approaching girls unless I saw them dressed up a lot or revealing a lot of flesh, because more than likely she wouldn't be too interested in talking to me.

ReputationRep:
    I don't, it's just the name of the skirt :laugh:.
    This made me laugh hahaha

ReputationRep:
    no? the whole entire point of short skirts and dresses is that they cool you down in hot weather/they come in nice patterns/they match well with the rest of your outfit/etc. i might like some skirts because they make my legs look longer but at no point am i thinking, 'i hope lots of men look at my legs today'. i'm just thinking 'wow, i love this skirt, the colour really suits me and i feel confident'. i still baffles me why men find legs so interesting.
    If they can find balls of fat on our chests interesting, they can be mesmerised by anything
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    This is the kind of outfit I'm talking about by the way:

In b4 someone asks if I'm the girl in the picture. No, I'm not.
    Attachments Pending Approval
  1. File Type: jpg7c76a3e2e1d27819ae300f9d2021545b.jpg (39.2 KB)

Looks normal

ReputationRep:

Sure yeah it looks cute (call me gay blah blah) and I'd have a glance if someone like her was wearing it but I wouldn't do it in a pervy stop and look back when im driving kinda thing
      • Aston Villa FC Supporter
      • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
      If a female is walking down the street wearing a short skirt (i.e the skirt comes down to half way between her knees and her bum) with tights, do you look at her in a sexual way?
      When I wear my skater skirt and am walking somewhere, I often have men slowing down their cars when they get near me and they stare at my legs, which makes me feel uneasy. Then, as they drive away, they turn their heads around and continue looking at me.
      No

ReputationRep:

If that's what you were wearing then no it wouldn't really make me stop and stare.

not provocative enough.

ReputationRep:
      I've actually stopped wearing shorts in public altogether now, since I get stared at all. the damn. time. Leggings and skirts are probably going to follow suit as well.

If you can ignore everyone else and walk with your head high, rock your skirts the way you like. Sometimes I stare a little because I find skater skirts unbelievably cute, but I just really like skirts.

no? the whole entire point of short skirts and dresses is that they cool you down in hot weather/they come in nice patterns/they match well with the rest of your outfit/etc. i might like some skirts because they make my legs look longer but at no point am i thinking, 'i hope lots of men look at my legs today'. i'm just thinking 'wow, i love this skirt, the colour really suits me and i feel confident'. i still baffles me why men find legs so interesting.
        Because nice legs are nice to look at :dunce: don't you like to look at any particular part of a man/woman? Face, hands, arms, legs, chest, bum, whatever?

Miniskirts became popular when they came into science-fiction television and comics, representing a sexy-but-not-too-sexy future for women.

ReputationRep:
        ??? i'm a human able to treat other humans with respect
        Looking at someone because they look good and being sexually attracted to them in no way means you're disrespecting them. As long as you don't stare at them for longer is necessary of course, but it's human nature to have a look.

ReputationRep:
        as a person into girls (tho not exclusively) i'll tell you that if i see a girl wearing a short skirt with or without tights say walking down the street of course i might look at her and think something like 'wow she looks good in that' but i really don't think in a sexual way because like.. i don't know her, she's doing her own thing, it's kinda creepy thinking that way about a stranger u maybe walk past once. and correct me if i'm wrong but i think people have these things called brains which can tell us when a situation is sexual and when it is not.
        -you see a hot girl in a skirt just minding her own business? not a sexual situation, it'd be inappropriate to be staring and thinking about her sexually, no matter how much of her leg is visible.
        -you're with a girl u know and know is interested in u and she's giving you the eyes, checking you out as well? salivate over those legs all you want.
        -it's your gf who u love? look at those legs if u know she's cool with it.
        -a girl has said to you with words a variation of 'hey look at my legs, check me out'? congrats it's appropriate leg staring time.
        Context Is Everything tbh and i'd honestly never want to make someone feel uncomfortable just because i think they look good lol. i think some guys rly gotta stop thinking everything a woman does is for them. sometimes - usually, actually - it's either just hot out or they're feeling themselves that day, they probably not even giving you a second thought lmao!

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by chiqpeas)
        as a person into girls (tho not exclusively) i'll tell you that if i see a girl wearing a short skirt with or without tights say walking down the street of course i might look at her and think something like 'wow she looks good in that' but i really don't think in a sexual way because like.. i don't know her, she's doing her own thing, it's kinda creepy thinking that way about a stranger u maybe walk past once. and correct me if i'm wrong but i think people have these things called brains which can tell us when a situation is sexual and when it is not.
        -you see a hot girl in a skirt just minding her own business? not a sexual situation, it'd be inappropriate to be staring and thinking about her sexually, no matter how much of her leg is visible.
        -you're with a girl u know and know is interested in u and she's giving you the eyes, checking you out as well? salivate over those legs all you want.
        -a girl has said to you with words a variation of 'hey look at my legs, check me out'? congrats it's appropriate leg staring time.
        Context Is Everything tbh and i'd honestly never want to make someone feel uncomfortable just because i think they look good lol. i think some guys rly gotta stop thinking everything a woman does is for them. sometimes - usually, actually - it's either just hot out or they're feeling themselves that day, they probably not even giving you a second thought lmao!

this sounds like it was written by someone without a penis

ReputationRep:
        No matter how much clothing you have on, as long as i can see your face and general figure, then if i think you're attractive i will think of you sexually anyway lol

ReputationRep:
        If you're actually slowing down traffic then whatever you're doing is making you look hot af.

Congrats.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by chiqpeas)
        preach the Truth lol men always think women do everything with them in mind

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by ANM775)
        this sounds like it was written by someone without a penis
        breaking news: cisgender men are not the only people attracted to girls. shocking, i know.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by cherryred90s)
        If they can find balls of fat on our chests interesting, they can be mesmerised by anything
        so tru. their lives must be extremely boring

Submit reply
      TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 25, 2017
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.