Turn on thread page Beta

English requirements for medicine watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

I have a question about English requirements for medicine at university. Most universities have a GCSE requirements for English Language, where I got an A*. Some of them have an English requirements for IB (which is what I'm taking).

However, this is where it gets tricky. I called one university and was told I need about 5 years of English education in order to prove my language skills. I'm an EU student, who attends an international school, and I've been doing so the past 3 years now. When I graduate, it's going to be 4.5 years of English-based education (I switched halfway through year 9).

Since I took my GCSEs and came out with good results, and since I'm taking IB in English and have English A SL as one of my subjects, will this be an issue (assuming I'll meet the English requirements in terms of grades)?

ReputationRep:
    You'd need to contact unis to ask about your situation since they probably have different policies. Just taking the IELTS or some other test could be an easier solution though. I think it's pretty common for unis to make conditional offers based on this so you could also wait until you get an offer and see what they say in it.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.