Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've never been in a proper relationship before... Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm now at that age (19) where I would like to be in a relationship with someone, but I don't know where to start. What should I do if I want to be in a relationship with a girl?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Le Jackoasta)
    I'm now at that age (19) where I would like to be in a relationship with someone, but I don't know where to start. What should I do if I want to be in a relationship with a girl?
    Think about if there's anyone in your life at the moment that you're interested in. If so, ask them out. If not, try and meet some new people. Maybe start a new class or club of some kind, or go to the gym, or go to bars/clubs? Just try talking to girls. You won't get interest every time, but it's good practice. You can use your experience to work on getting better and starting conversation and stuff and hopefully you'll get lucky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Le Jackoasta)
    Just be yourself,take care of yourself and put yourself out there.

Do you have any closefemale friends? They could set you up just be natural

ReputationRep:
    Going to tag in Conceited so he can help he taught me the ways

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    Going to tag in Conceited so he can help he taught me the ways
    :rofl:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Try meeting girls at your educational institution, bars, through online dating, speed dating, joining clubs out of interest and approaching women.

Just start a conversation with them.

Join the gym, wear good clothes, groom well.

Be more confident, as stated, lifting weights will help you do this, achieving in life, doing things that make you happy, having a hobby, being with positive people, what are you good at? What makes you proud? Know you treat people well so you can be proud of yourself.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.