Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What modules would I be required to take if I wanted to do an AS in Further?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by amelienine)
    What modules would I be required to take if I wanted to do an AS in Further?
    The only compulsory module is FP1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    The only compulsory module is FP1.
    And apart from that I take 2 other modules? Do they have to be advanced modules like M2 or S2 or would modules like D1 or S1 suffice
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by amelienine)
    And apart from that I take 2 other modules? Do they have to be advanced modules like M2 or S2 or would modules like D1 or S1 suffice
    Yes you can do D1 and S1 if you like. What modules are you taking for your maths AS/A level?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    Yes you can do D1 and S1 if you like. What modules are you taking for your maths AS/A level?
    I actually did the whole Maths a level last year (C1, C2, C3, C4, M1, S1) and I'm meant to be doing the whole Further Maths this year (FP1, FP2, FP3, S2, M2, D1).

However, I'm also doing 2 other A levels and I've gotten some uni offers in already and they only want 3 A Levels. So I'm thinking of just doing the Further Maths AS, (though I'd probably have to check with the unis first if this is okay)

If it turns out it's okay, I'm happy with FP1 and M2, now I'm deciding on doing either D1 or S2. Honestly I'm leaning towards S2, but since D1 is meant to be the easy one with no tricks... I've just started D1 in school and it just seems tedious to me :/

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 22, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.