Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I wish people knew... Watch

• TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    How hard things can be. To just function, to live, to get out of bed, to make some food. To look after yourself as well as other people. To make decisions. To do anything. I wouldn't wish it on anyone, but if people just understood what it could be like, it would make life a lot easier for a whole lot of people just struggling to survive.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I wish people knew that you don't need a reason to feel depressed, there is not necessarily a why; you just are. I wish people knew the voices cannot be turned on and off if only you have enough willpower. I wish people knew that paranoid thoughts can be terrifying and sometimes no amount of reasoning stops this fear, this is also another thing that can't be turned on and off.

ReputationRep:
    I wish people knew that even though I've recovered from my mental health problems, I still have bad days sometimes and I need to be allowed to be sad, to feel the sadness and not be told to cheer up.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    It's nice to see so many of you opening up. I'm sorry for all the struggles you are/ have been going through, but it takes quite a bit of strength to open up about things and to explore your own emotions so be proud of yourselves for that.
    On that note...

I wish everybody knew that somebody does care and somebody does want to listen. I wish everybody could see their own worth and fight for the happiness they deserve.

For any of you who feel they don't have anybody to talk to or who can support them here are some people who you can talk to and who want to support you.

Your GP
    Samaritans (http://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can...FRS6GwodIvEBRA)
    Childline
    Mind.org
    Sane.org
    A therapist (like through Time To Talk)
    A counsellor (like through Relate)
    School
    Hopefully friends or family

Please don't be afraid to talk to somebody. You deserve help and support.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.