The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Course its not to late to plan a gap year but if you want to travel the world and whatnot, you'll have to start planning ASAP.

Im not taking a gap year but 3 of my mates are (:frown:) and they're all getting jobs as far as im concerned. Oh, and of course visiting me at uni >:colone:
Reply 2
Ceilí Aiobh
if you are planning a gap year wat ar you gonna do?
would it be 2 late 2 start planning one now!?

i'm working for 12 months, started yesterday. i got this job in december because they interview early, but a couple of friends haven't got anything sorted! do u want to travel or work? i wanted to work to get some money for uni (esepcially because i want to do a 4 year course so extra fees!) and be able to have something on my CV when i get out of uni. also i don't know what i want to do so i thought this would help give me an idea - if i don't like it, that's one less thing to try in 5 years time!
Reply 3
allisandro
i'm working for 12 months, started yesterday. i got this job in december because they interview early, but a couple of friends haven't got anything sorted! do u want to travel or work? i wanted to work to get some money for uni (esepcially because i want to do a 4 year course so extra fees!) and be able to have something on my CV when i get out of uni. also i don't know what i want to do so i thought this would help give me an idea - if i don't like it, that's one less thing to try in 5 years time!

i would love to travel, ive had a part-time job fot the past few years so ive saved up a bit but i just dunno if taking a year out now would be worth it! What are you planning to do at uni after your year out?
Reply 4
Never too late to plan. Hell, you could just go out and apply for a full time job.
Reply 5
Ceilí Aiobh
i would love to travel, ive had a part-time job fot the past few years so ive saved up a bit but i just dunno if taking a year out now would be worth it! What are you planning to do at uni after your year out?

human sciences - everything to do with humans, no plants! i'm working in a molecular and cellular biology dept at a pharmaceutical company for the year - really enjoying it so far! i get a fair bit holiday allowance so am thinking of doing a few short trips - i want to see europe befoer i go further, want to go to switzerland and prague and italy...i'm also planning on doing some internships in the summers during uni. i get to spend a term in north america as well as part of the course which is uber cool!

where do you want to go? do you want to back pack or work abroad or something else?

Latest

Trending

Trending