Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

One night stand made me feel **** Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i've only ever slept with two people, i am 20 and have good morals

Last night i went out and got very drunk, ended up bringing a guy back i had matched on tinder and we had sex. I have never done this before. I feel so **** now and he added me on Facebook but hasn't messaged me?

He thinks he's very cool and didn't approach me, i approached him.

I feel so silly and this is so unlike me...

ReputationRep:
    You were drunk, it was a thing at the time. All you can do now is learn from what you've done. Maybe message him and tell him how you feel.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing you can do now but move on. It's done now so no point kicking yourself over it.

ReputationRep:
    what do you want us to tell you?
    "there there"?
    if one night stands aren't for you, don't do it again
    admittedly I'm not really a one night person either (any more)

ReputationRep:
    It's just a one night stand
    I know how it feels
    You'll move on very quickly, you had sex - that's all there is to it
    It doesn't define you

ReputationRep:
    Put it down to experience. No harm done. Will you see him again if he messages.

ReputationRep:
    The main thing is did you use some form of protection? Assuming the answer to that is yes then don't fret and stress over it. You made a mistake. In the course of mistakes one can make it's not that big a deal (unless not protected!!!). Easy for us to say when you're feeling so down about what happened.

If he added you on fb (and you think you might like to see him again) message him and just say 'hi' and add something light. Don't get all into your feelings - trust me. If he doesn't respond then you know you just had a one night stand and take him off your friend list. But, you might be surprised and he does respond. He might even ask to meet up with you again and if that happens that's when you let him know that you're not into casual sex and you're not looking for that but if he wanted to meet for coffee and get to know each other in a different setting then that would be fine.

Try not to beat yourself up over this..... allow yourself some grace. We all make mistakes and if you learn from them mistakes can be very beneficial. What would you tell your best friend if she made the same mistake: Would you tell her "that's embarrassing", "You were so silly" - no you wouldn't say that to your friend so don't say those things to yourself either. Prop yourself up - and maybe do something to pamper yourself. Be kind and say good things to yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Lots of people do the same thing - all you can do now is learn from it and know that one night stands aren't your thing, so don't have another!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-LJLB)
    It's just a one night stand
    I know how it feels
    You'll move on very quickly, you had sex - that's all there is to it
    It doesn't define you
    Kinda does #****4lyf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    Kinda does #****4lyf
    GO AWAY

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 25, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.