Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunshine774)
    Are you doing GCSE?

Lol I have my AS maths mock tomorrow I'm really scared...
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Popsiclez)
    Yes
    Well then please don't stress I'm sure you'll do really well!x
    Yeah in yr 11 I had a friend who did art GCSE and it seems like that's all she ever did...

ReputationRep:
    For starters, they're not that bad at all. I don't recall ever getting an A in any mock exam, and C's are about average. The whole point of mock exams is to give you an idea of what level you are currently working at. So getting a C doesn't necessarily mean you'll get a C in the exam. It just means that you need to put in more revision and boost your effort a little to get up to where you want to be.
    Honestly, don't fret about it. If you're a hard enough worker (which, judging by the fact that you're even bothered about your mock results suggests you are) you can easily get better results in your exams. In my experience, it's very common to go up 2 grades in your final results from your mock grades. So if you are sitting at Cs right now, then As are totally doable. Best of luck

(P.S I have no idea what a grade "7" is. Here in Scotland that's the equivalent of a D, but from other posts I've read I think it's actually quite a good grade in England and Wales? )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jack0634)
    For starters, they're not that bad at all. I don't recall ever getting an A in any mock exam, and C's are about average. The whole point of mock exams is to give you an idea of what level you are currently working at. So getting a C doesn't necessarily mean you'll get a C in the exam. It just means that you need to put in more revision and boost your effort a little to get up to where you want to be.
    Honestly, don't fret about it. If you're a hard enough worker (which, judging by the fact that you're even bothered about your mock results suggests you are) you can easily get better results in your exams. In my experience, it's very common to go up 2 grades in your final results from your mock grades. So if you are sitting at Cs right now, then As are totally doable. Best of luck

(P.S I have no idea what a grade "7" is. Here in Scotland that's the equivalent of a D, but from other posts I've read I think it's actually quite a good grade in England and Wales? )
    I broke down crying and finally told my mum and she said that I didn't ' know how to revise' and that if I 'fail' my GCSEs then 'that's it'. Now my parents aren't speaking to me. They won't let me drop history and I've been trying since year 10, it takes up so much time and I still don't get a decent grade and it's to the detriment of my sciences but whenever I say that they just cut me off.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, I got Es in mock exams and A* in the actual ones. Work hard - you can do it; learn from your mistakes.

If you can still applying to university without history (I don't know if there's a minimum thing as I'm an English applicant), I don't understand why your parents have a problem with you dropping it. Maybe discuss it with them formally (i.e. say you want to talk to them like an adult/open dialogue). Surely, it'll be better if you could focus on the others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notespad)
    Don't worry, I got Es in mock exams and A* in the actual ones. Work hard - you can do it; learn from your mistakes.

If you can still applying to university without history (I don't know if there's a minimum thing as I'm an English applicant), I don't understand why your parents have a problem with you dropping it. Maybe discuss it with them formally (i.e. say you want to talk to them like an adult/open dialogue). Surely, it'll be better if you could focus on the others.
    If you don't mind me asking; how did you revise? As my revision technique is far from perfect and has been for a long time now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirstenolivia)
    If you don't mind me asking; how did you revise? As my revision technique is far from perfect and has been for a long time now.
    Everyone has something that works for them. Practice papers for me were a must.

I just went through the textbook - highlighting/making sure I understood (notes took too long for me, but some of my friends made notes). Then, I did past papers (all of them).

ReputationRep:
    You did fine, just work on your sciences i guess. Honestly unless you are aiming for oxbridge getting a C in your GCSEs isn't going to stop you from anything, and considering you got an A in some subjects I wouldn't worry.

Dont go on TSR for this, if you arent an A* student on here you are a disgrace in their eyes

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=kirstenolivia;69715712]Hi I've done all my mocks and I'm rlly scared to tell my parents my grades I've been hiding it for a week and crying every single day. This is all I've got back so far . I don't know what to do.

Physics C
    Chemistry C
    French (reading and speaking only) A
    Maths A
    English Lit 7
    English language 7

Also my history teacher said that our mocks had generally depressed from our year 10 exam results but I don't see how that can be because last year I barely revised and I actually revised this year.[/QUOTE
    They're not even bad. Do you feel you put in enough hours of revision?
    Trust me, when it comes to the real things you will take them much more seriously but they're just mocks, don't let the grades dishearten you.
    Last year in my GCSE mocks I came out with C's and even some D's, then ended up getting A's and a few B's. Think the main reason for that is that I realised I don't want to end up with them grades in the real thing so I used them as motivation.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.