Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I applied to both courses, and I am really stuck on what to firm?
    I think my skills flourish more in mathematics, however, as Economics at uni is said to be very mathematical, and it is argued straight Economics is more desirable to employers, what would seem best to choose as my firm choice?

I have been to both university open days and very much like both institutions, so for me right now it is a matter of which would be better in the long term? LSE has a very strong reputation, as does UCL, but would the combined honours put some employers off? and for what jobs in particular would I be at risk at doing so?

People argue that joint honours are also harder, but as I find maths easier would that not be the case? If anyone studies either course I would love to hear what you have to say also!

If anyone could tell me what they would do in my shoes I'd appreciate it so much.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jainx22)
    I applied to both courses, and I am really stuck on what to firm?
    I think my skills flourish more in mathematics, however, as Economics at uni is said to be very mathematical, and it is argued straight Economics is more desirable to employers, what would seem best to choose as my firm choice?

I have been to both university open days and very much like both institutions, so for me right now it is a matter of which would be better in the long term? LSE has a very strong reputation, as does UCL, but would the combined honours put some employers off? and for what jobs in particular would I be at risk at doing so?

People argue that joint honours are also harder, but as I find maths easier would that not be the case? If anyone studies either course I would love to hear what you have to say also!

If anyone could tell me what they would do in my shoes I'd appreciate it so much.

Thank you
    hey, what subjects are you doing at A2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jainx22)
    Maths, Further Maths, Philosophy and Economics , and yourself? What did you apply for
    oh no sorry im still doing AS level so I cant really help much, sorry!

What were your gcses like if you dont mind telling?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.