Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently in year 11 and doing my gcses. I also just got my mock grades back and I got 1a*, 3a's, 5b's and a c.

Would i still be able to get into medicine at university with these? Ive seen that people applying to med school have obtained a high amount of A*'s which makes me worry. Hopefully i can push the b's to a's for the real exams and I am willing to work extremely hard at a level as i want to do biology, chemistry, psychology and core maths. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucycahill123)
    I'm currently in year 11 and doing my gcses. I also just got my mock grades back and I got 1a*, 3a's, 5b's and a c.

Would i still be able to get into medicine at university with these? Ive seen that people applying to med school have obtained a high amount of A*'s which makes me worry. Hopefully i can push the b's to a's for the real exams and I am willing to work extremely hard at a level as i want to do biology, chemistry, psychology and core maths. Thanks
    It is estimated that people move atleast one grade up in their final exam...so don't worry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Also consider that if you want to do medicine you better have: A/A* mostly in MATHS, ENGLISH LANGUAGE/LITERATURE, BIOLOGY, CHEMISTRY AND PHYSICS.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.