Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I picked law for uni, but i'm unsure where to go to.
    Aston university sent me an offer, they said if i make them my firm choice, the entry requirement will go from AAB to BBB.
    But university of Birmingham is where i kind of want to go because of their great rep and huge library and resources. I haven't visited to either uni yet, i but i will hopefully soon.
    So, Aston or UOB?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stoverefrigerate)
    Aston university sent me an offer, they said if i make them my firm choice, the entry requirement will go from AAB to BBB.
    But university of Birmingham is where i kind of want to go because of their great rep and huge library and resources. I haven't visited to either uni yet, i but i will hopefully soon.
    So, Aston or UOB?
    Hello!

Thank you so much for considering us and we would love to welcome you in September! My name is Nikita and I graduated from Aston July 2016. Although I didn't study Law, if you have any questions regarding Aston I'd be more than happy to answer!

I would also recommend attending the universities open days so you can get a real feel for yourself

Nikita

ReputationRep:
    So, Aston or UOB?
    Lol exact same position as u. I applied to Aston and Birmingham for LLB law and got offers from both. Aston said the same thing, they'll give me a BBB offer if firmed otherwise it's AAB. University of Birmingham gave me an alternative offer of AAB if firmed otherwise a standard offer of AAA 😬. I really don't know what to. I kind of wished both Unis were merged together because of Astons placement year and then Birminghams research quality, added to the fact the it was the Uni of the year for employability last year. Dunno what to do really. What have u decided then?

ReputationRep:
    So, Aston or UOB?
    Lol exact same position as u. I applied to Aston and Birmingham for LLB law and got offers from both. Aston said the same thing, they'll give me a BBB offer if firmed otherwise it's AAB. University of Birmingham gave me an alternative offer of AAB if firmed otherwise a standard offer of AAA 😬. I really don't know what to. I kind of wished both Unis were merged together because of Astons placement year and then Birminghams research quality, added to the fact that it was the Uni of the year for employability last year. Dunno what to do really. What have u decided then?

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I'd go for UoB but that's just me being biased as I haven't really checked out Aston, and I'm also looking to study History in the future! I'd say visit both to get a feel for the atmosphere there, as that's really the best way to experience life there!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.