Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    "What hath God wrought",

the official first Morse code message transmitted on May 24, 1844 to officially open the Baltimore-Washington telegraph line
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    "Hark, for I have moved this thread to History" Paracosm, 22 Jan 2017

Just kidding about the quote.

"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." Einstein
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    'Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it.' - George Santayana

ReputationRep:
    "It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war."

ReputationRep:
    "Most bad governments have grown out of too much government" - Thomas Jefferson
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Onde)
    "All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players; They have their exits and their entrances, And one man in his time plays many parts, His acts being seven ages." - William Shakespeare
    I wrote an essay on that speech for English coursework. I think it is a defining speech. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    "A lie told enough becomes the truth."

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.