Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello I'll be starting the primary PGCE at Warwick next academic year. I'd be interested in getting to know other people in the same position.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there im curious as to whether youve appliued for the primary pgce ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hugga12)
    Hi there im curious as to whether youve appliued for the primary pgce ?
    Primary with MFL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Mapache)
    Primary with MFL
    Can you describe the interview process/day ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hugga12)
    Can you describe the interview process/day ?
    We had our ID checked, then a lecturer gave a welcome presentation, then we did an English test where we had to write a response to an essay like text. Then after lunch, we were split into groups of 3 and did the group task about saying what was good about a FS/KS1 poem book, then we did our presentation, then we had our individual interview. 😀

ReputationRep:
    Had you prepared the presentation before or did they give you a topic and time to repair on the day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by la.mcc)
    Had you prepared the presentation before or did they give you a topic and time to repair on the day?
    I prepared it before I went and I chose the topic

ReputationRep:
    Hi, does anyone know if there's a reading list or anything similar? I'm starting a PGCE at Warwick this year and I want to try and be a bit prepared beforehand!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KateM31)
    Hi, does anyone know if there's a reading list or anything similar? I'm starting a PGCE at Warwick this year and I want to try and be a bit prepared beforehand!
    Hey I emailed the CPE this question about a month ago and they said they are in the process of updating the reading list and will email it to offer holders when it's ready.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there. I've just been accepted on the the Primary PGCE, also with modern foreign languages

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callum.alexander)
    Hi there. I've just been accepted on the the Primary PGCE, also with modern foreign languages
    Hi Callum. I recognise your name from joining the Warwick PGCE facebook group I set up. I've friend requested you, hope you don't mind.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I did the PGDE 2016-2017 and was told whilst on the course there is no graduation ceremony. So please check before enrolling if PGCE students get a graduation ceremony.

Quite disappointing as so much hard work goes into these degrees and it's expensive!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiran24)
    Hi,

I did the PGDE 2016-2017 and was told whilst on the course there is no graduation ceremony. So please check before enrolling if PGCE students get a graduation ceremony.

Quite disappointing as so much hard work goes into these degrees and it's expensive!!
    I'm personally not bothered by not having a ceremony, I didn't attend my undergraduate one and I won't be anywhere near Warwickshire after the course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Mapache)
    I'm personally not bothered by not having a ceremony, I didn't attend my undergraduate one and I won't be anywhere near Warwickshire after the course.
    Each to their own

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.