Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When did Donald Trump lose your support? Watch

ReputationRep:
    What a nice question with infinite answers!

The Donald caught my attention when he claimed a Muslim should not be an American president. Shortly after that a day or two, I heard him say that someone was not a good lawyer because the lawyer's father was a Mexican or something like that.

Of course whatever he mumbled after that only sky rocketed towards to the deepest depths of hell.

To think there was simply no coming back from that sort of gibberish... Ah well.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    He never had my support to begin with.

ReputationRep:
    When did he have it to begin with?

ReputationRep:
    He didn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paracosm)
    He never had my support to begin with.
    (Original post by Carthaginian)
    He didn't.
    (Original post by A-LJLB)
    When did he have it to begin with?
    Play fair guys. Surely you were nuetral when you first saw the walking mouthpiece on the podium...?

ReputationRep:
    Never, he never had it anyway.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TaintedLight)
    Play fair guys. Surely you were neutral when you first saw the walking mouthpiece on the podium...?
    Unfortunately, I never liked the US version of The Apprentice, so he had that going for him too. :lol: It's a good question, though!

ReputationRep:
    He has always had my support when he said he would change the African-American community. Hate how the liberal left treat them.

ReputationRep:
    I almost lost support for him over the energy manifestos
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Who?

ReputationRep:
    I still support president trump

ReputationRep:
    The second he helped pollute the swamp further with his establishment cabinet picks. The only reason I ever preffered him to Shillary was because of his "drain the swamp" promises.

I went off him even more after all his conflicts of interest became apparent

ReputationRep:
    Trumps doing well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carthaginian)
    He didn't.
    Yes but OP was directing the question towards people who once supported Trump but no longer do. Thus, your response was uncalled for.

ReputationRep:
    When did he ever have my support ~ ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    The second he helped pollute the swamp further with his establishment cabinet picks. The only reason I ever preffered him to Shillary was because of his "drain the swamp" promises.

I went off him even more after all his conflicts of interest became apparent
    His defence secretary is a military man with no political experience. (I.e. Not a politician)

His Attorney General is an experienced lawyer that should've been on the Supreme Court in the 80s. (Would you rather have Ivanka Trump representing the government in court?)

His Treasury Secretary is a representative of one of the biggest investment banks in the world. (A bin man shouldn't be in charge of the economy...)

His Secretary of State choice is an unconventional charismatic businessman with no political experience (the alternative was the careerist and GOP insider Mitt Romney)

Please explain how they are "establishment?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jambojim97)
    Yes but OP was directing the question towards people who once supported Trump but no longer do. Thus, your response was uncalled for.
    And thus, I don't give 2 shites.

ReputationRep:
    To answer OP though, I never fully supported him in the first place; I was supporting Rand Paul, then I was a Marco Rubio guy, then John Kasich, then Gary Johnson in the general election.

I do respect his democratic mandate to govern however, and if pressured at gunpoint with no third option I'd probably have picked him over Clinton.
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    He never had it.

I first became aware of him when I watched an interview back in 2011/12 in which he took credit for and bragged about having pressured President Obama to publish his long-form birth certificate. I had (and still have) a low opinion of so-called birthers so that kind of sank the ship while it was still docked, as it were.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.