The Student Room Group

GCSE grades vs mock grades

Can I get A*/ A grades at GCSE if I am working at c/b grades with no revision remembering I have 3 and a half months to revsie
mock results were these with no revisions Core-B
ADD-C
MATHS-5/c/b
English lit -7/A
English Lang - 4/c
Re-b
Sociology-a
History-c
French-b
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Of course.
Reply 2
Original post by Carthaginian
Of course.

Have you done your GCSE Yet ? 😀
Original post by Cawo121
Have you done your GCSE Yet ? 😀

No. But my mock grades were similar to yours.
Reply 4
No. But my mock grades were similar to yours.

Oh are your predicted grades lower and higher ? Also what are you aiming for :smile: !
Original post by Cawo121
Oh are your predicted grades lower and higher ? Also what are you aiming for :smile: !

Much higher. I've got a lot of revision to do.
What i'm aiming for:
English - 6 (at least)
English lit - 6 (at least)
Maths - 6-7 (at least)
Citizenship - A
History - A
PE - Merit
Computer science - A*
Science core - A (atleast)
Science additional - A (atleast)
Media - C (actual grade)
RE - C (actual grade)
Reply 6
Much higher. I've got a lot of revision to do.
What i'm aiming for:
English - 6 (at least)
English lit - 6 (at least)
Maths - 6-7 (at least)
Citizenship - A
History - A
PE - Merit
Computer science - A*
Science core - A (atleast)
Science additional - A (atleast)
Media - C (actual grade)
RE - C (actual grade)

Wish you the best with revision and good luck !
Original post by Cawo121
Wish you the best with revision and good luck !

Thanks. You too.
Original post by Cawo121
Can I get A*/ A grades at GCSE if I am working at c/b grades with no revision remembering I have 3 and a half months to revsie
ADD-C
MATHS-5/c/b
English lit -7/A
English Lang - 4/c
Re-b
Sociology-a
History-c
French-b

I've heard of people who got similar/worse mock results than you and they managed to secure A* in the real exams.

As long as you are committed to achieving good grades (whilst also working hard for them of course) I have no doubt you can achieve your goals and higher! Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd say it is possible, but you have to be willing to put a lot of work in. My year 11 mock results were pretty much the same as my actual GCSE results, apart from history, in which I got a C in the mock and an A* in the exam. It can be done, though doing it with all your subjects instead of just one like I did will be very hard. But don't give up!
Reply 10
Original post by IfYouCanDreamIt
I'd say it is possible, but you have to be willing to put a lot of work in. My year 11 mock results were pretty much the same as my actual GCSE results, apart from history, in which I got a C in the mock and an A* in the exam. It can be done, though doing it with all your subjects instead of just one like I did will be very hard. But don't give up!

How much revision did you do for your mocks ? Also what did you get overall ? Thank you :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Moltenmo
I've heard of people who got similar/worse mock results than you and they managed to secure A* in the real exams.

As long as you are committed to achieving good grades (whilst also working hard for them of course) I have no doubt you can achieve your goals and higher! Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you ! I will be working hard for next few months hopefully it will all pay off
Reply 12
Anything is possible. I recommend you do a past paper once a week and you'll be at the correct level in no time. I did it like that myself. First paper I did I got something like a C. By the time I got to the exam a couple of months later,I got an A*
Original post by Cawo121
How much revision did you do for your mocks ? Also what did you get overall ? Thank you :smile:

I did no revision at all for my mocks if I'm being honest.
In my mocks I got-
English lit-A
English lang-A
French-B
History-C
Maths-A
Additional science-A*
Textiles-A

And in my GCSEs I got-
English lit-A
lang-A
French-A
History-A*
Maths-A
Further maths-B
Additional science-A
Core-A
Textiles-A
Drama-A
So A*AAAAAAAAB

As I said my mock grades weren't too far off my real grades apart from history
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 14
In my mocks I got-
English lit-A
English lang-A
French-B
History-C
Maths-A
Additional science-A*
Textiles-A

And in my GCSEs I got-
English lit-A
lang-A
French-A
History-A*
Maths-A
Further maths-B
Additional science-A
Core-A
Textiles-A
Drama-A
So A*AAAAAAAAB

As I said my mock grades weren't too far off my real grades apart from history

So do you think it's less likely to achieve those top grades ? If with no revision I'm mostly at b grades ? Usually when I putt in effort I get a and a*s
Reply 15
Original post by Devify
Anything is possible. I recommend you do a past paper once a week and you'll be at the correct level in no time. I did it like that myself. First paper I did I got something like a C. By the time I got to the exam a couple of months later,I got an A*

Thank you I will be taking this advice on ! Do you have any other good tips !?
Original post by Cawo121
So do you think it's less likely to achieve those top grades ? If with no revision I'm mostly at b grades ? Usually when I putt in effort I get a and a*s

Not at all, it's completely doable. You'll just have to put the effort in, but don't over do it or you'll burn yourself out and do worse than you would have done otherwise. I would suggest an hour a week on each subject, and then increase that as you get closer to your exams
Reply 17
Not at all, it's completely doable. You'll just have to put the effort in, but don't over do it or you'll burn yourself out and do worse than you would have done otherwise. I would suggest an hour a week on each subject, and then increase that as you get closer to your exams
do you have tips that could help me achieve those top grades ? Such as how many hours to spend on subjects a night
Original post by Cawo121
do you have tips that could help me achieve those top grades ? Such as how many hours to spend on subjects a night

My main tip would be to work out the revision techniques that work for you and then apply those to all your subject, for example for me I work best with flashcards and mind maps. As for how long to spend on subjects a night, I would suggest planning how long to spend on a subject per week (e.g. an hour) and then maybe do a subject a night, or two depending on how many subjects you do. But don't focus specifically on how long you are revising for, as you'll end up obsessively checking the clock rather than working. Instead try to set yourself realistic goals such as working through a chapter of your textbook without a set period of time. It's shown to be more effective.
Original post by Cawo121
ADD-C
MATHS-5/c/b
English lit -7/A
English Lang - 4/c
Re-b
Sociology-a
History-c
French-b

YES YOU HAVE PLENTY OF TIME!!!:biggrin:
In my mocks I got-
English lit-A
English lang-A
French-B
History-C
Maths-A
Additional science-A*
Textiles-A

And in my GCSEs I got-
English lit-A
lang-A
French-A