Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've just finished mocks (haven't got results back yet, but im confident I got mostly a's/a*'s apart from maths), and I'm pretty anxious about revising for my real exams. I haven't started any 'hardcore' revision but I've begun complining notes on P1 to go with the p2, c2 and b2 notes I already made for my mock exams. I also aim to have complied detailed notes on the unit one's of the other sciences as well by halfway through feburary, and then after that I'd compile revision notes for my other gcses etc. The reason im doing this is so that when it comes to 'hardcore' revision, I can make revision cards and stuff for the notes I've already made, because cramming is something I find effective. As I said I haven't officially got my mock results back, but I crammed a set of notes I made 30 minutes the night before my RS exam and was told by my teacher yesterday I got around 97% which im pretty chuffed about. So what I was interested in knowing is what's the best time to actually start revising for GCSE's? Have I started too early, or maybe to late? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avarti)
    I've just finished mocks (haven't got results back yet, but im confident I got mostly a's/a*'s apart from maths), and I'm pretty anxious about revising for my real exams. I haven't started any 'hardcore' revision but I've begun complining notes on P1 to go with the p2, c2 and b2 notes I already made for my mock exams. I also aim to have complied detailed notes on the unit one's of the other sciences as well by halfway through feburary, and then after that I'd compile revision notes for my other gcses etc. The reason im doing this is so that when it comes to 'hardcore' revision, I can make revision cards and stuff for the notes I've already made, because cramming is something I find effective. As I said I haven't officially got my mock results back, but I crammed a set of notes I made 30 minutes the night before my RS exam and was told by my teacher yesterday I got around 97% which im pretty chuffed about. So what I was interested in knowing is what's the best time to actually start revising for GCSE's? Have I started too early, or maybe to late? Thanks
    Sounds good, try and finish your notes and then go onto past papers. You've probably started a bit early ( early than i did anyway) but that's a good thing
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Now is the perfect time to start. Well done on the 97% in RE! However, don't get complacent as this is one of those subjects in which somebody can excel at without much revision (in my opinion anyway).

I like your plan of making notes now and later on, making flashcards and doing past papers etc. I might steal that idea lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but RS is pretty easy... I revised everything on the morning of my real exam and got an A*! Don't get me wrong- 97% is still VERY good but just don't get complacent...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.