Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to study history (BA) at 5 universities including :-
    1. Royal Holloway

2. Queen Mary university of London

3. Loughborough university

4. Aberdeen University

Which one should I choose, and which is more prestigious and impressive to the employer?
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I would advice you to go to the university that you like the most rather than just the one that is highest in the league tables. Have you gone to any open days?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fallen Star)
    I would advice you to go to the university that you like the most rather than just the one that is highest in the league tables. Have you gone to any open days?
    TBH non of these Unis stand out enough to entice an employer. I suggest go to the one that you like best and get a first in your degree. that would look better to an employer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A hungry man)
    I've applied to study history (BA) at 5 universities including :-
    1. Royal Holloway

2. Queen Mary university of London

3. Loughborough university

4. Aberdeen University

Which one should I choose, and which is more prestigious and impressive to the employer?
    None of those are unis with a real wow factor, so just choose the one you like best.
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grandeur10)
    TBH non of these Unis stand out enough to entice an employer. I suggest go to the one that you like best and get a first in your degree. that would look better to an employer.
    But Loughborough has a great reputation? I don't know about the others.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Queen Mary and Aberdeen are also very good. Though QM has more of a rep for it's medical school

ReputationRep:

It does but its not a uni that you would choose based on reputation. Queen Mary is a Russell group un, so its a good university but i dont think an employer would take someone with a 2:1 from Loughborough over someone with a 1st from Queen Mary

Or even someone with 2:1 from Loughbrough over some with a 1st that went to Aberdeen

ReputationRep:
    For History ucl Oxford York Durham Nottingham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GermanIRhopeful)
    None of those are unis with a real wow factor, so just choose the one you like best.
    Oh dear. Thanks for the honesty

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.