Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've got an interview at Derby and it says you have to teach a skill to a group in 10 minutes. I'm a bit baffled by what they mean by a 'skill' so was wondering what skills other people have taught in the past or are going to teach at this interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ella3773)
    I've got an interview at Derby and it says you have to teach a skill to a group in 10 minutes. I'm a bit baffled by what they mean by a 'skill' so was wondering what skills other people have taught in the past or are going to teach at this interview?
    Apparently it can be whatever you choose to teach. Most people aim the skill at adults but some aim it as suitable for Primary age.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ella3773)
    I did CPR but others did sign language and maths equations...hope this helps ☺

ReputationRep:
    What resources did you guys prepare??

ReputationRep:
    Hey I also have an interview at derby for primary education . Have you had your interview yet?? and have you done your skills test yet???
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaski2)
    Hey I also have an interview at derby for primary education . Have you had your interview yet?? and have you done your skills test yet???
    xxx
    Good Luck! Whens ur interview??
    Done both skills test now, thank goodness...have you?x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Would-b-teacher)
    Good Luck! Whens ur interview??
    Done both skills test now, thank goodness...have you?x
    hiii.
    No havent done them yet. have booked my literacy one. Haven't done maths for two years now so will need to go through all that. what sort of questions came up ???? My interview is on the 8th/03. Whens yours???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaski2)
    hiii.
    No havent done them yet. have booked my literacy one. Haven't done maths for two years now so will need to go through all that. what sort of questions came up ???? My interview is on the 8th/03. Whens yours???
    The questions are very similar to the online tests...just make sure you do some of the practise papers so you know what to expect. I did the literacy one first & it was fine...worried bout the numeracy one as it seems more statistics but just familiarise yourself with the different types of graphs and tables & you will be fine. Ive had my interview already...dont worry its not scary just enjoy it!x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Would-b-teacher)
    The questions are very similar to the online tests...just make sure you do some of the practise papers so you know what to expect. I did the literacy one first & it was fine...worried bout the numeracy one as it seems more statistics but just familiarise yourself with the different types of graphs and tables & you will be fine. Ive had my interview already...dont worry its not scary just enjoy it!x
    Thanks for the advice . Could you please tell me what they made you write about in the interview. It says on the email "You will be asked to write a short narrative linked to a current educational initiative."
    Could you please tell me what they actually make you write about - so what topic do we write about.
    Thanks.
    xxx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.