Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So, i got all 5 offers from my univerisites all conditonal. From the beginning I wanted to go to Surrey and Warwick. Surrey gave me an offer of AAB and Warwick AAB however my head of sixth form wants me to put Keele as my insurance as their requirement is ABC/BBB however i really would like to go to Keele even if i got a place there. Do i follow my heart and go for warwick or just pick Keele?

ReputationRep:
    Having been to both, it depends what you want to study. If its humanities or social sciences, medicine/pharmacy there is very little difference. I found teaching better at Keele, lecturers having more time for students. In Maths, Economics, Accounting & Finance, Computer Science, Warwick is a higher ranked university, targeted by key employers but overall offers a less authentic experience. The place is more "industrial" intellectually, less of a 'Liberal Arts' College which Keele aims to become and which may suit a particular student type. As to the surrounding area, except Coventry, Royal Lemington Spar beats Stoke any day. Keele is usually in Clearing and last year you could bag a degree with 200 UCAS points so ABC/BBB is indicative! At the end, its a personal choice and what your heart tells you. Don't be miserable for 3 years though....

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for that, that was very helpful. Well I have applicant days this month and so after visiting them I hope I will get a better eel for what I think is the right choice. It's so daunting because it's like a 3/4 yr course and I don't want to make a mistake

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.