Are these good GCSE choices considering everything?

Watch
asha13
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So our choices deadline is in about a week, and I just want to get some opinions on the choices I'm thinking of taking.
Maths
English
English Lit
Triple Science (so all compulsory ones ahaha)
Geography
History
Art
German
Latin

I'm a fairly compentent student and all my teachers seem happy with my choices. I also do around 16 hours of rowing training a week (still don't look like a rower, but oh well). Is this actually possible? Everyone I have talked to seem to think it is but they are my teachers so will probably be postively biased.
Lucasta
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
add spanish- french
asha13
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lucasta)
add spanish- french
Ugh I hate French. It's so bad at our school
HomeworkHater
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by asha13)
So our choices deadline is in about a week, and I just want to get some opinions on the choices I'm thinking of taking.
Maths
English
English Lit
Triple Science (so all compulsory ones ahaha)
Geography
History
Art
German
Latin

I'm a fairly compentent student and all my teachers seem happy with my choices. I also do around 16 hours of rowing training a week (still don't look like a rower, but oh well). Is this actually possible? Everyone I have talked to seem to think it is but they are my teachers so will probably be postively biased.
Since you're taking German and Latin, you must be pretty good with languages. Although for the new reform, you will have to know the langauage fairly well with all of the tenses and specific rules for verbs. Latin will look really good considering the fact it is a not commonly known language and will set you apart from everyone else. Geography and History are good choices (I did both of these) as they are humanities subjects. Art is also a good selection as you're showing creativity and not just academics.
ICT will look really good aswell because future jobs will require a lot of computer skills. Even if you waned to work in a non-computing job, you would still need skills to show that you are capable of using PowerPoint and Excel.

Your options are a great choice and I wish you the best of luck in your studies
asha13
Rep:
?
(Original post by HomeworkHater)
Since you're taking German and Latin, you must be pretty good with languages. Although for the new reform, you will have to know the langauage fairly well with all of the tenses and specific rules for verbs. Latin will look really good considering the fact it is a not commonly known language and will set you apart from everyone else. Geography and History are good choices (I did both of these) as they are humanities subjects. Art is also a good selection as you're showing creativity and not just academics.
ICT will look really good aswell because future jobs will require a lot of computer skills. Even if you waned to work in a non-computing job, you would still need skills to show that you are capable of using PowerPoint and Excel.

Your options are a great choice and I wish you the best of luck in your studies
Thank you for your advice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (626)
33.69%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (783)
42.14%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (366)
19.7%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (83)
4.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed