Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am jut about to start my second semester at uni ,been back 2 weeks for exams. I am thinking about trying to move to different accommodation due to not getting on that well with my current flatmates. I was hoping someone could tell me their experience with moving accommodation quite late in to their first year of uni. Im not sure if I will be better off moving as the chances are I will be put in a flat where I know no one and they have already bonded with each other making it awkward for me. The flat im currently in isn't terrible we talk to each other we are just very different and not really that close.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately, I would just stick it out with your current flatmates - what happens if you move and get put into an even dire situation (eg your new flatmates go out partying all the time, take drugs, are loud).

I went into halls with an unrealistic expectation that I will be close friends with my flatmates/people near other flats, but in reality I'm not really that close with them anymore (I'm in my 2nd year) and I know more people on my course/from social events.

It's just one of those things you have to put up with I suppose... Only move if it gets really bad, I'm not sure if your situation is incredibly bad, it's quite typical and more common than you think

ReputationRep:
    stick it out, you could get somewhere much worse

I'm in the exact same situation as you. But I think you should stay because you and your flatmate seems getting on okay. My situation is that my other flatmates are very close but except me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm in the exact same situation as you. But I think you should stay because you and your flatmate seems getting on okay. My situation is that my other flatmates are very close but except me.
    That's what it's like for me too. If they ever do any thing they tend to exclude me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .A_C.)
    Unfortunately, I would just stick it out with your current flatmates - what happens if you move and get put into an even dire situation (eg your new flatmates go out partying all the time, take drugs, are loud).

I went into halls with an unrealistic expectation that I will be close friends with my flatmates/people near other flats, but in reality I'm not really that close with them anymore (I'm in my 2nd year) and I know more people on my course/from social events.

It's just one of those things you have to put up with I suppose... Only move if it gets really bad, I'm not sure if your situation is incredibly bad, it's quite typical and more common than you think
    I can go days without seeing them sometimes. Everyone else I know is really close with their flatmates which kind of makes me feel a bit depressed. Tbh I do agree with you that if I did move it could end up being worse.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Universal Student Living

Universal Student Living

“All-inclusive student accommodation in prime locations across the UK.”

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.