Affordable Studios

Any recommendations?
Define affordable
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by lxbsly
Any recommendations?

Cheapest areas for private rentals of studio flats in Sheffield are usually, Crookes, Fir Vale and Burngreave. If you look in North Sheffield you can get something in the region of £280-350 pcm. if you shop around. Otherwise there are cheaper options like house shares, but If you want to live on your own then you have to pay around this figure.
Reply 3
Original post by Helloworld_95
Define affordable

Well all the ones that I am finding are like 550pcm minimum. Currently I'm paying 330pcm add bills maybe 400. This is a 12 month agreement I am in, so would pay a bit more if it was just a 44 week thing. So I am looking around the 400 mark if possible.

Original post by Powersymphonia
Cheapest areas for private rentals of studio flats in Sheffield are usually, Crookes, Fir Vale and Burngreave. If you look in North Sheffield you can get something in the region of £280-350 pcm. if you shop around. Otherwise there are cheaper options like house shares, but If you want to live on your own then you have to pay around this figure.

Any specific websites or anything that I should be checking? And do you know when I should be looking, is it too early now for the 17/18 academic year?
Original post by lxbsly
Well all the ones that I am finding are like 550pcm minimum. Currently I'm paying 330pcm add bills maybe 400. This is a 12 month agreement I am in, so would pay a bit more if it was just a 44 week thing. So I am looking around the 400 mark if possible.

Any specific websites or anything that I should be checking? And do you know when I should be looking, is it too early now for the 17/18 academic year?

£400 inc bills is barely possible for a room in the UoS area of Sheffield let alone a Studio.

Might be doable if you got a 2 bed apartment and found someone else to live with.
Reply 5
Original post by Helloworld_95
£400 inc bills is barely possible for a room in the UoS area of Sheffield let alone a Studio.

Might be doable if you got a 2 bed apartment and found someone else to live with.

Well I can pay a bit more of course. 400 isn't my ceiling. But 550 area is too much for me.

Also, not too fussed about location.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending