Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The thing I hate doing the most is listing all of the things I have achieved, but I really want to know if its worth applying to a university like Imperial.

At GCSE I got 4A* + 4A + 1b + 1c with one of the A*s coming from sitting maths a year early. I have qualified to sit the UKMT Olympiad getting a score in the top 300 of everyone sitting the exam, and that was when I was competing against people a year older than me too. At A Level I only got an A for maths (I did better in mocks - I'm resitting now) and I am predicted at A*A*A*A for maths, further maths, computing and physics respectively. In my spare time I have programmed a bunch of things like 3 apps, a programming language and lots of games. About 90% of the programming I have learnt I taught myself. Roughly same with maths (Yes rly I do too much math+programming).

Do you guys think this is enough to get into a Computing Bachelors at a university like Imperial?

ReputationRep:
    Normally I wouldn't reply to these kind of threads since OP just boasts his/her grades, but I'll make an exception this time.

Answer: Yes

ReputationRep:
    Your academic achievements should be enough for Imperial. So long as you display a genuine interest in the subject in your personal statement and at your interview, I think you've got a good chance.
    I think your programming experience will help show your interest in the subject, especially as you did most of it in your spare time. It's common for most applicants to have developed apps, websites etc. I've never heard of an undergrad applicant having developed a programming language before, I think you're probably stretching the truth a bit here. Which I'd be careful doing in your PS as they'll catch you out.

Are you thinking of applying for computing or JMC?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.