Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's wrong with me / never had a boyf Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm 16 , 5"6 and 48 kg and ive never had a boyfriend. I'm alright / average looking and I find myself absolutely hilarious (dank memes) please help me cheers x

No need to rush

ReputationRep:
    That's a fairly average scenario there, there is no need to be upset.

ReputationRep:
    Lol calm down

(Original post by Vfsxl)
    I'm 16 , 5"6 and 48 kg and ive never had a boyfriend. I'm alright / average looking and I find myself absolutely hilarious (dank memes) please help me cheers x
    16 is still young.

Do you have any other interests beside 'dank' memes?
    • TSR Support Team

(Original post by Vfsxl)
    Chill you are only 16 you got plenty of time, there is nothing wrong with you. Just go out and live your life to the full.

ReputationRep:
    But it's the fact that no one has shown any interest in me which makes me super insecure and self conscious :, (

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    16 is still young.

Do you have any other interests beside 'dank' memes?
    Yeah I do dance , volunteer at a charity shop. I have a part time job
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vfsxl)
    But it's the fact that no one has shown any interest in me which makes me super insecure and self conscious :, (
    As people have said... You're 16, you don't really need to worry about people showing interest at your age.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Corbynista)
    Why do you need people to show interest in you?
    Well I think it's because of my low self-esteem lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    As people have said... You're 16, you don't really need to worry about people showing interest at your age.
    People me age are losing the V card and I've never gotten a simple message online to a boy lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Corbynista)
    This is going to sound incredibly blunt but if you already have issues like low self-esteem etc. Why would you want to bring a guy into that? A guy won't solve they problems for you, you need to solve them yourself. A guy should be a partner, the cherry on top of the cake...
    Cheers for the advice , better than any of my rubbish friends who are all in relationships. I guess I need to focus on myself as a person and learn to love myself *clicheattack*
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vfsxl)
    Don't put your self worth on things like the attention guys give you. At 16 I also felt like something must be wrong because I never met anyone but in a couple of years you'll realise how young you were, trust me. It'll happen, probably when you least expect it. It certainly did for me. For now, focus on yourself. I really wish I had more. Discover new hobbies and talents, and do well in education. Try new things, and experience something new. Really grow while it's still easy to. You'll thank yourself for it later when you do meet somone. Heck, it might even lead you right into their arms

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Vfsxl)
    Cheers for the advice , better than any of my rubbish friends who are all in relationships. I guess I need to focus on myself as a person and learn to love myself *clicheattack*
    There are lots of dank meme makers who would definately take you
    They are the top boys
    who needs the models or the sports stars when you have meme makers

ReputationRep:
    Boys will eventually come no need to force it
    i have lots of hot friends who didnt have a boyfriend till 18
    and had no attention

ReputationRep:
    don't know why you've never had a bf, not nearly enough information was provided for anyone to come to any sort of accurate conclusion on the matter.

tbh, 16 is still kinda young and doesn't seem all that unusual to me, if by like 19 you're in the same situation that's a little more unusual, most people have had a kiss by then and perhaps you should try and take a hard look why you haven't. Not saying that there's anything wrong with a person if they've had no romantic encounters at that age, but it is unusual.

TSR generally gives poor condescending advice when a user comes and says I haven't had a bf/gf please help me. You'll be told constantly you are still too young, and you'll be told you don't need a bf/gf, and to go concentrate on other things.

TSR users will literally tell you that you are too young to be looking for a partner and don't need one until you hit your 40's.

what? don't believe me?

check out the thread someone made which is either on page 1 or 2 titled "don't know what to do, too ugly to get a girlfriend" and you'll see a guy aged 27 being told that he's still too young, and people telling him why are you looking for a gf ....and trying to make out he shouldn't be looking for one etc etc...

You're 16.:nothing: Wait until you're nearing 22 and ready to claim the title of the most unfanciable person ever.

(Original post by Vfsxl)
      I'm 23 and all my friends are very normal and attractive people and most of them have never had a real boyfriend before... I remember thinking I was weird at your age for the same thing but it's actually way more normal to have never been in a relationship.
      • Very Important Poster
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Vfsxl)
      People me age are losing the V card and I've never gotten a simple message online to a boy lol
      It sounds like you're trying to be like other people. Who cares if they lose their V card or any other gift card. You need to be patient and not rush into things that you might regret. Chill out.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Vfsxl)
      I am sure that is not the case. Not all guys have the confidence to express their interest in a girl. But trust me, it's not really worth it unless you find the right person. Too many problems arise from relationships.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.