Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Protesters arrested on Inauguration Day will face 10 years in prison Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by knightchildish)
    omds I didnt even say white privilege
    Thats right you didn't, but to be honest your racism shines through your every post.

If a 6 month sentence for rape indicates privilege, what does a 45 day sentence indicate?

Enhanced privilege?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joe cooley)
    Thats right you didn't, but to be honest your racism shines through your every post.

If a 6 month sentence for rape indicates privilege, what does a 45 day sentence indicate?

Enhanced privilege?
    I'm not racist at all. Don't try and shut my point down by labelling me as racist.

His privilege stems from the fact that Brock attended stanford and the reason for his light sentence is that he had "great potential" in life.

But you're choosing to compare two specific cases but when put as a whole, there is a clear racial disparity.

https://www.aclu.org/sites/default/f...bmission_0.pdf

Sorry, can't argue with facts.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not racist at all. Don't try and shut my point down by labelling me as racist.

His privilege stems from the fact that Brock attended stanford and the reason for his light sentence is that he had "great potential" in life.

But you're choosing to compare two specific cases but when put as a whole, there is a clear racial disparity.

Shut your point of view down?

Quite the contrary to be honest, bigotry should be debated and exposed for what it is at every opportunity.

Yep, ACLU totally neutral with no axe to grind whatsoever.

ReputationRep:
    But if you're a rapist with privilege then you're free after 6 months. Yep, seems legit.
    Well, technically it was sexual assault. The rape charges were dropped by the prosecution due to a lack of DNA evidence. Turner's age and lack of a criminal history contributed to the short sentence, but remember he also got 3 years probation and a lifetime on the sex offenders registry.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor27)
    The first paragraph is just laughable, I called you out on your BS and you decide to try and deflect it onto me, not happening mate, I'm perfectly sound of mind right now and prepared to explain to you how much of a ****ing imbecile you are.

So apparently black people get longer sentences and treated worse for the same crimes, tell that to these two:

Attachment 613668

You want to know the sentences?

The white kid got death row, the black kid gets to spend the rest of his life in prison, DESPITE KILLING MORE PEOPLE.

Attachment 613670

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I detest the identity politics of the left but people like you are proving that identity politics is alive and kicking on the right.

You're as bad as the SJW.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pikachū)
    Majority of 230 protesters arrested on Inauguration Day will face 10 years in prison and $25k fine as US attorney says they will be charged with felony rioting

"230 people have been arrested and six police officers injured in the D.C.protests against President Trump

Many any of those arrested will reportedly face up to a 10 year prison sentence and $25,000 fine"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rs-prison.html

Notice the words "up to". That is merely the maximum sentence for rioting and this was obviously rioting.

This is a dangerous game for the authorities. In a country with jury trials, once you start politicising prosecutions, you don't get convictions. The law should take its course with a minimum of political grandstanding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    I detest the identity politics of the left but people like you are proving that identity politics is alive and kicking on the right.

You're as bad as the SJW.
    How? I was explaining to him why white privilege doesn't exist and in fact, in recent years, there's actually been black privilege in the American justice system; that stems from fear of abuse from the likes of CNN, BLM and violence from odious fools in the NBPP.

ReputationRep:
    Whilst this punishment is extreme how ridiculous is it that people are protesting against a democratically elected leader

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Actually it stems from the fact he wasn't charged with rape

ReputationRep:
    And... TSR couldn't resist clickbaiting the sh*t out of this threat

"Anti-Trump Protesters get ten years!"
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Underscore__)
    Whilst this punishment is extreme how ridiculous is it that people are protesting against a democratically elected leader

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Bit more to it than that.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    How? I was explaining to him why white privilege doesn't exist and in fact, in recent years, there's actually been black privilege in the American justice system; that stems from fear of abuse from the likes of CNN, BLM and violence from odious fools in the NBPP.
    There's no white or black privilege.

People need to stop playing identity politics full stop. The left annoys me with identity politics but now the right seem just as bad.

ReputationRep:
    The first paragraph is just laughable, I called you out on your BS and you decide to try and deflect it onto me, not happening mate, I'm perfectly sound of mind right now and prepared to explain to you how much of a ****ing imbecile you are.

So apparently black people get longer sentences and treated worse for the same crimes, tell that to these two:

Attachment 613668

The white kid got death row, the black kid gets to spend the rest of his life in prison, DESPITE KILLING MORE PEOPLE.

Attachment 613670

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The fact Malvo was not legally eligible for the death penalty in the state he was tried in just might have something to do with that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bornblue)
    There's no white or black privilege.

People need to stop playing identity politics full stop. The left annoys me with identity politics but now the right seem just as bad.
    The left is being hoist with its own petard. You need a heart of stone not to laugh.
    They have stolen the left's gun and are now shooting them in the head with it.

If everything is about race and identity, and white male privilege, we'll show you what we can do with a bit of white privilege. Win elections. Take back power.

As for people stopping playing identity politics, I couldn't agree more, but if you have a way of putting humpty dumpty back together I'd love to hear it.

(Original post by Captain Haddock)
      The fact Malvo was not legally eligible for the death penalty in the state he was tried in just might have something to do with that.
      Ssshhh don't let that get in the way of his rhetoric :shh:
      • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by astutehirstute)
      The left is being hoist with its own petard. You need a heart of stone not to laugh.
      They have stolen the left's gun and are now shooting them in the head with it.

If everything is about race and identity, and white male privilege, we'll show you what we can do with a bit of white privilege. Win elections. Take back power.

As for people stopping playing identity politics, I couldn't agree more, but if you have a way of putting humpty dumpty back together I'd love to hear it.
      You're as bad as each other.

Don't complain about identity politics and then engage in it yourself. The irony being that the right has become what it stood against, just like the left did.

There's no white or black privilege, there's no male or female privilege.

As soon as both the right and the left realise that, the sooner my faith in humanity can be restored.

ReputationRep:
      I'm not endorsing violent protestors by any means, but a 10 year prison sentence seems a bit over the top; a shorter spell in prison would suffice, and the fines could be used to repair any damage caused during the protest.

ReputationRep:

The white kid got death row, the black kid gets to spend the rest of his life in prison, DESPITE KILLING MORE PEOPLE.Posted from TSR Mobile
      Triggered much? Your white life is **** so white privilege cannot exist? Lol'd.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by yudothis)
      Triggered much? Your white life is **** so white privilege cannot exist? Lol'd.
      You assume I'm white? Are you racist or something?

I'm actually an ethnic Jew (but not a religious one) my Christian forename comes from my mother's side.

I'd advise you to look up the Semitic race and see the distinction between us and caucasians...

Socio-Economic privilege exists; white privilege doesn't.

ReputationRep:
      You assume I'm white? Are you racist or something?

I'm actually an ethnic Jew (but not a religious one) my Christian forename comes from my mother's side.

I'd advise you to look up the Semitic race and see the distinction between us and caucasians...

Socio-Economic privilege exists; white privilege doesn't.
      So a black man getting stopped in an expensive car but a white man isn't, is what?

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 25, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.