Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Protesters arrested on Inauguration Day will face 10 years in prison Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    I wholly disagree with this, you should be allowed to protest in a 'democracy' (if they were being excessively violent I understand) and I am astonished and how quick people are trying to defend this.

Let's lock people up because they're lefties? Are you mad? You cannot sit there and try to say that left-wingers impose on freedom of speech etc. and then demand those who don't hold the same views as you be locked away, the hypocrisy is rife.

I expect nothing less from this dumbass Trump era but honestly the attitudes of people on this forum continue to, somehow, surprise me.
    Freedom of speech does not include assaulting police, starting fires and destroying property if it was a protest it wouldn't happen but it wasn't it was antifa once again being violent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    Freedom of speech does not include assaulting police, starting fires and destroying property if it was a protest it wouldn't happen but it wasn't it was antifa once again being violent
    Hey! Those are molotov cocktails of peace, you fascist!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    And I expect the 200-odd arrested were ANTIFA too...

How one can defend these militants astounds me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jape)
    Hey! Those are molotov cocktails of peace, you fascist!
    Dead :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Up to 10 years. If they badly injured anyone then fair play. Otherwise, OTT. If I were Trump I'd pardon them, like a BOSS :bandit:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieButter)
    actually, women can't even be charged with rape in the USA.
    Yes, they can.

ReputationRep:
    good. let those *******s rot for their thuggery and intimidation. they are enemies of democracy and peaceful politics itself. hopefully this will set a good example of such parasitic brutes. you should be able to protest peacefully all you want, but if you protest through violence then I have absolutely no sympathy for the sentence you get to be honest. I have absolutely no respect for such uncivilised mongoloids.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Up to 10 years. If they badly injured anyone then fair play. Otherwise, OTT. If I were Trump I'd pardon them, like a BOSS :bandit:
    He's petty authoritarian **** head. Why would he do that?

ReputationRep:
    10 years in a US prison, a few male feminist SJW are going to be introduced to real rape culture.

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

ReputationRep:
    Excellent news, pity UK doesn't do the same with all them remoaners who protest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Len Goodman)
    Good, good. Great to see that the Trump administration is already at work dealing with the violent leftists. Now to take care of those "women's rights" protesters.
    The women's rights protesters weren't being violent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    good. let those *******s rot for their thuggery and intimidation. they are enemies of democracy and peaceful politics itself. hopefully this will set a good example of such parasitic brutes. you should be able to protest peacefully all you want, but if you protest through violence then I have absolutely no sympathy for the sentence you get to be honest. I have absolutely no respect for such uncivilised mongoloids.
    You realise mongoloid is just a term for east asians,right?

10 yrs?that's too much

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by tamil fever)
      10 yrs?that's too much
      Blame Obama. He created the law.

Also you misspelt "Rioters" in the title.

(Original post by BobBobson)
        Blame Obama. He created the law.

not my thread.lol

ReputationRep:
        Yup.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by tamil fever)
        10 yrs?that's too much
        They will face up to 10 years, depending on the charges. I doubt most of them will actually be in for more than a few months, particularly if they have no criminal history, plead guilty, etc.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by BobBobson)
        (Original post by Dandaman1)
        They will face up to 10 years, depending on the charges. I doubt most of them will actually be in for more than a few months, particularly if they have no criminal history, plead guilty, etc.
        Seconding both of these. Pretty miffed by the bull**** sticky thing on the side of the site misrepresenting the facts of the issue as much as is humanly possible. If it wasn't deliberate then someone needs to remove their rosy contact lenses.

ReputationRep:
        What a misleading title! These aren't protesters - they're rioters. No peaceful protestors are being punished in any way, and rightly so, but these thugs deserve some custodial sentence... 10 years however seems excessive in the extreme.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by serions871)
        You realise mongoloid is just a term for east asians,right?
        lmao you looked it up
        well I just meant "mong", i.e. "retard"

Submit reply
      TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 25, 2017
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
      Useful resources
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.