The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

One of the hardest hitting signs from yesterday's march

Edit: Why am I the thread started? lol
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Sassy one detected. :sexface:
Hmmm, I thought this was meant to be a "march" for "women's rights", and now they're bringing race into it. It's no wonder the left are in complete disarray when they can't even protest in solidarity.
The movement is eating itself up from the inside.
I still have absolutely no idea what these marches were meant to be about.
Reply 5
I thought the thread was going to be about one of the women whacking a bloke with a placard
I doubt those white women voted for trump...

The answer to this is intersectionality and class consciousness.
(edited 7 years ago)
Thanks Capt Obvious for pointing out the ****ing obvious, how will we ever survive without you?
Impressive. She out-victimed those around her even in a rally of self-proclaimed victims.
Original post by Mathemagicien
No, but the fact is that the suffering of minorities should not be ignored in favour of the much lesser suffering of white women, which the media pays a lot more attention to.

There was racism is feminism (and probably still is) but anti racism that has been incorporated into the left compared to say the early 20th century. Even back in the then there were anti racist feminists like There is nothing about feminism that makes it fundamentally racist. As always in these threads they treat feminist history as if it was just one homogenouse movement. There were/are many strains of it. Louise Michel was a feminist who was anti-racist from that time period.

IF you are going to campaign against feminism because you think it is racist you are going to help no one and just help the regressives. You can either be harmful to feminism and anti racism and just moan how awful feminism is, or you can criticise it constructivly with the aim of making feminism stronger by making sure it is intersectional and is anti-racist. That black woman with that sign will be a feminist. Do you hate her? What about all the black feminists? You do not help them by playing the right's game and just tarnishing feminism with the aim of ridiculing it rather than wanting to make it better and more egalitarian.
Original post by ManiaMuse
I still have absolutely no idea what these marches were meant to be about.

They're not about anything. They're just yet another cry for attention from liberals who can't stand not getting their own way.
www.hewillnotdivide.us
I wish I was in America to mess this up.
Occassionally /pol/bros come along and troll.
Feminists are disgusting in my opinion, They want more rights and stuff yet they blatantly dismiss the fact the "perks" they're drowning in.
Original post by PikachΕ«
There is no suffering of white women. They are the most priviliged class in the world.

Somehow you've managed to top even the stupidest placards in that protest, including one that read "grab him by the balls" - and at least that was funny. .
Original post by macromicro
Somehow you've managed to top even the stupidest placards in that protest, including one that read "grab him by the balls" - and at least that was funny. .

Prove me wrong.
Original post by PikachΕ«
Prove me wrong.

White women suffer tremendously in countless ways, as do all races and genders. There is nothing to prove; your comment is self-evidently wrong and, by definition, racist.
Feminism is so trendy.
Original post by macromicro
White women suffer tremendously in countless ways, as do all races and genders. There is nothing to prove; your comment is self-evidently wrong and, by definition, racist.

How is calling a particular race the most privileged racist? In what way does it show dislike for people of that race?

Anyway he's wrong, in the US Asian Americans are the 'most privileged' based on the sort of stars SJWs use to show 'white male privilege'. However he's right to some extent, feminism has done such a good job that in the UK and USA white women outrank white men in the privilege league table.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Underscore__
How is calling a particular race the most privileged racist? In what way does it show dislike for people of that race?

Clearly I was responding to this:

There is no suffering of white women.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly

Class consciousness. Like that has ever happened in the nearly two centuries since Marx invented the concept.

As for "intersectionality" if it is the answer could you explain exactly how? Because when I tried to understand it all there was so much impenetrable jargon that I lost the will to live. So much so that I almost wondered if the jargon covered up a total lack of any actual meaning.

But maybe I am wrong. Could you explain how it works in simple English?

For example, is a gay white man more oppressed than a straight black one? Or vice versa?

Latest