Turn on thread page Beta

I need first date ideas. How cringey is too cringey? Good conversation topics? Dinner? Cinema?

I've never been on a proper first date before and I really want to make a good first impression.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Go to a nice restaurant. I wouldn't recommend going somewhere like a cinema because obviously you can't talk to each other.
    Conversations wise, I wouldn't pick politics as a topic because saying from experience, it's a turn off.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    The park is nice, maybe a picnic or go to a dainty little cafe? The cinema means you can't converse so it's nice to be able to sit down and have a meal tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Go karting or laser tag competitive games then eat fancy

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2017

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.