Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I have received offers to study history from both these universities, which I'm really thankful for, but I'm finding it hard to make up my mind! King's is (much) closer to home which is something that is really drawing me to it, only one hour on the train rather than about 5! But I'm worried that this will sway my decision too much and I'll end up regretting not picking Durham because of it or something...
    I'm also a little worried about the reputation that King's has on here, it seems to be really negative especially in comparison to its place in the league tables.

I'd really appreciate any advice, thank you so much for your help! x
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I'd pick KCL - London is a wonderful (if very expensive) place to live. I wouldn't worry about KCL's reputation on TSR, that's not really something that matters. Good luck with your choice and congrats on getting offers from two good universities.

ReputationRep:
    Durham

But if you don't wanna move out then KCL, reputation won't really be an issue but Durham is rated better imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamii)
    Hello!

I have received offers to study history from both these universities, which I'm really thankful for, but I'm finding it hard to make up my mind! King's is (much) closer to home which is something that is really drawing me to it, only one hour on the train rather than about 5! But I'm worried that this will sway my decision too much and I'll end up regretting not picking Durham because of it or something...
    I'm also a little worried about the reputation that King's has on here, it seems to be really negative especially in comparison to its place in the league tables.

I'd really appreciate any advice, thank you so much for your help! x
    I have no idea why King's has a negative reputation. It is a very good university and history is one of its strong points.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.