Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are most Afghans so pale?? Watch

Most Afghans I see are so pale. Also, I get mistaken with them and kurds. Is it just one ethnicity of Afghans who are like that or is this normal?

Because we are! Mostly the Pashtuns, Nuristanis or Persian Afghans tend to be quite pale. Then again, any type of Afghans can be pale. But we have we have all the amazing colours, from olive skin to pale.
    Just we don't really have black, black people. Would have been great to have black Afghans, quite cool but dont think we do.

So basically, some are pale and some are not.

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong with being pale?

I agree with the post above. Some Afghans are fair looking, and some are not. We do look quite similar Kurds imo.

Most afghans I know are very brown though

ReputationRep:
    Please don't take Afghans for Kurds. That may seem as a disgrace to Afghanis.

Because they were taken out of the oven before they were done, of course :dunce:

I didn't know they were obliged to be dark-skinned in the first place.. :iiam:

ReputationRep:
      THEY ARE NOT KURDS.
      Afghans; pashtuns, tajiks come in all different shades lol its like arabs who come in different shades and pakistanis. They all have really pale people and people with olive/tanned skin.

ReputationRep:
      Lool my feet are pale and the rest of my skin colour is olive.

ReputationRep:
      Yeah you do get the pale looking Afghans:

But you do also get dark looking Afghan hounds.
      Attachments Pending Approval
    • File Type: jpgghjk.jpg (11.0 KB)
    • File Type: jpg6bd97d30c230c6043866bcc96f0f677a.jpg (17.4 KB)

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Anonymous)
      This joke was disgusting. You should be ashamed.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Anonymous)
      It's probably the effect of the explosions/ Terrorists attacks you know
      ban this racist.

ReputationRep:
      A better question is why do people think all South Asians look like Punjabis.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ded101)
      ban this racist.
      I've reported it already. Hopefully they remove it.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by l'etranger)
      Punjabis look different - sharper features

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by AppleB)
      Punjabis look different - sharper features
      Punjabis do not have sharp features at all compared with Pashtuns, Iranians and Tajiks. They look like a mix of Dravidian and invaders from the north. No way are they Caucasian though.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by AppleB)
      We are talking about South Indians/Asians?

Punjabis do have sharp features :rofl: haven't seen many with soft features
      how is south indian and south asian the same thing? lol is a pashtun for pakistan the same as a bengali from bangladesh or india?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ded101)
      how is south indian and south asian the same thing? lol is a pashtun for pakistan the same as a bengali from bangladesh or india?
      Oh well I'm sorry for making it unclear I accidentally put Indian so edited the post with " /Asian"

Did I say it's the same thing? No

Edited the post so the typo is not there now

Afghan are south asian??
      I thought they were central asians or middle eastern or both because of its location.
      They seem so different from south asians culturally too and their languages are more west asian/central asian.
      I see south asians as desis only.

ReputationRep:
      Punjabis do not have sharp features at all compared with Pashtuns, Iranians and Tajiks. They look like a mix of Dravidian and invaders from the north. No way are they Caucasian though.
      Well obviously :rolleyes:

Depends. I've seen punjabis with sharp features. They look like darker versions of Pakistanis tbf not much difference

ReputationRep:
      In most cases it depends on the caste really, this is true throughout most of India and West Punjab. The higher castes have a higher percentage of Caucasian ancestry and lesser Dravidion, whereas the opposite is true for the lower castes. I know to most the social hierachy is just a social construct, but it really is deeper than that.

Two simple ways you can see this for yourself right now is by taking a look at the results of the Harappa Project, or by comparing phenotypes between people of different 'castes'.

If I can remember correctly the Jaat caste of Haryana in NI has the highest amount of 'Northern European' dna, which is subsequently followed by Jatts of Punjab & Haryana.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 10, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.