Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    In mid-August 2016 I was in a south west england coastal town hotel for the night and had a quarter pounder cheeseburger from an independent outlet (I don't do 'chains') which was delicious.

I watched the guy flame grill the fresh burger in front of my eyes and was transfixed as he toasted the bun and placed my requested freshly cut lettuce and fried onion between the burger and cheese.

I exchanged my £2.50 for the burger in an insulated polybox and sat outside on a bench a few metres away in the warm dark night air. Sat there I found myself in 'mouth heaven', pleased I squirted myself just enough sweet savoury red sauce to add to the experience. I struggled to save my dog some of the succulent meat but I did.

Some five months later, I have craved (at least twice a week) to recreate the experience but have resisted. I guess I could probably find another independent outlet near home that may be as good but part of me fears I could be disappointed. Not sure.

Do you have any food cravings that you would care to share? Thanks in advance.

PS: I am a guy and so this is not pregnancy-related.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drez999)
    In mid-August 2016 I was in a south west england coastal town hotel for the night and had a quarter pounder cheeseburger from an independent outlet (I don't do 'chains' which was delicious.

I watched the guy flame grill the fresh burger in front of my eyes and was transfixed as he toasted the bun and placed my requested freshly cut lettuce and fried onion between the burger and cheese.

I exchanged my £2.50 for the burger in an insulated polybox and sat outside on a bench a few metres away in the warm dark night air. Sat there I found myself in 'mouth heaven', pleased I squirted myself just enough sweet savoury red sauce to add to the experience. I struggled to save my dog some of the succulent meat but I did.

Some five months later, I have craved (at least twice a week) to recreate the experience but have resisted. I guess I could probably find another independent outlet near home that may be as good but part of me fears I could be disappointed. Not sure.

Do you have any food cravings that you would care to share? Thanks in advance.

PS: I am a guy and so this is not pregnancy-related.
    I feel the same way. It's a shame though that I don't have money because otherwise, I would be eating fast food every day.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't really got any food cravings. I eat because I need and that's all. I am not a gourmand haha

ReputationRep:
    I've gone vegan for the month and I am craving cheese and beef so badly right now. I honestly cannot wait for February 1st when I can have crispy bacon, fried duck eggs and a big wedge of gorgonzola for breakfast, a McDonald's chicken nugget sharebox and chocolate milkshake for lunch and a blue rare steak with a stilton lettuce wedge for dinner. I love quorn, rice and veggies, but they get boring after a while and I hate lentils.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S2M)
    I feel the same way. It's a shame though that I don't have money because otherwise, I would be eating fast food every day.
    McD's 99p menu is pretty cheap.

(Original post by Johnatan5)
    I haven't really got any food cravings. I eat because I need and that's all. I am not a gourmand haha
    I'm not someone who overeats but I do enjoy eating. Reminds me of that saying "I eat to live not live to eat".

(Original post by PotassiumIodide3)
    I've gone vegan for the month and I am craving cheese and beef so badly right now. I honestly cannot wait for February 1st when I can have crispy bacon, fried duck eggs and a big wedge of gorgonzola for breakfast, a McDonald's chicken nugget sharebox and chocolate milkshake for lunch and a blue rare steak with a stilton lettuce wedge for dinner. I love quorn, rice and veggies, but they get boring after a while and I hate lentils.
    Sounds like that is a tough month for you. I was a vegetarian for three years when I was younger and although I don't eat meat all the time I do like a nice mixed grill or a decent roast dinner. McD's milkshake....hmmmm... now you got me craving something different - strawberry for me though... it's been a number of years so I'm not sure if they still do that flave.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes yes, especially in case of burgers

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I get a KFC or McDonalds craving but not that often tbh

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.